Flyers v Devils

august04

Honestly this team isn’t anywhere near good enough. The defence is shocking. Fournier has been crap this year, loose passes, giveaways. The team has no chemistry whatsover and for me our best player isn’t even signed permanently. Lord has always been reluctant to release players but now he should step up and do what’s needed for the team. We need a strachan type player to really bolster this defence. The Steelers went out and got a Chl winning defenceman and are ruthless when it comes to releasing players. If we want changes, things MUST done
I agree. I thought we might have turned that game around again against a Fife team that have been struggling too, as we have players to do just that but we can’t do it game in/game out - eventually the well will run dry and it did tonight. It’s clear that one of two forwards are struggling, not sure what one or two bring to the team either (certainly not the physicality and speed that we were told that they would) but we have too many D men who can’t defend, simple as that. They may have some fancy penalty shot moves or look good going forward but we’re just simply nowhere near good enough or composed enough at the back end. Our defensive recruitment in the off season has turned out to be a bad joke. People slag off Sheffield but as you say, they recognised a defensive problem and did something about it - and they’re top of the league. I dread to think what their forwards might do to us next weekend. It’s time for this coach/manager/owners to recognise that we got one or two positions wrong in the off season and do something about it while we can still make a difference. Drifting on like this will get us nowhere. Time to grow some balls and rectify the glaring problems that are staring all but the most rose tinted spec wearer, in the face.

ASHIPP

What is so worrying is the number of goals the Devils are conceding vs inability to score goals in any situation ( pp or 5 on 5) at the other end. Bear in mind the plethora of talent we have amongst the forwards. Have the Devils actually even taken the lead during any game recently or have they been chasing each game?

Far bigger tests coming up very soon. Based on recent performances they are barely treading water. Devils can't rely upon the results of other teams to determine their position in the League table. Guess I was blindly wrong that they would take the win against the Blaze as a catalyst to start their season.

The team has all sorts of weaknesses right now and the opposition are exposing just how much work there is to do to put this right.

Sorry but I answered a simple question now your getting a bit personal do you want to know who I went with etc too??

I know I’m a good judge and could see this team was terrible and changes were needed that’s all to be said thank you.
No, I want no personal information. You must know which games you saw. There were only 5 of them by all accounts.