Devils vs Clan - 21 Sept 19 - League

Apart from batch’s hit tonight, where is this physicality people talk about?. The clan tonight showed how to be street wise and get under the skin of people , springer a few times tonight was mouthing off giving it all the chops you want and no one done anything . And as far as the power play goes shooting would help

T10P

One of the worst performances I’ve seen tonight’.

Benti had a stinker, unnecessary pens.
Def had a stinker.
Bowns didn’t seems with it at all.
PP was a pass simulator.
We shot when it wasn’t on.
Killeen had a good game, although wasn’t tremendously troubled.
Didn’t get any puck luck at all.

jenks33

Ouch.

We always seem to lose one or two games heavily at this time of year so nothing to panic about. Bloody sloppy mind you.

That second period was painful. To be honest I thought Bownsy looked a bit shaky all night and the defence was just as fragile during the 2nd. We completely lost our composure.

I’m not that worried about our attack. You take Martin and Riley (Blair missed pretty much the whole game) out of any team at this level and they might look a bit blunt up front. We need those two back ASAP tho. Hopefully riley’s Injury isn’t too serious and we are really missing Martin’s vision.

Hopefully Mcmonagle starts to find his feet a bit. I think he’s had a slow start in the domestic stuff after a good CHL. A bit ponderous on the PP and several defensive lapses. I’m sure he will come good tho

CaldicotDevil

Ouch.

We always seem to lose one or two games heavily at this time of year so nothing to panic about. Bloody sloppy mind you.

That second period was painful. To be honest I thought Bownsy looked a bit shaky all night and the defence was just as fragile during the 2nd. We completely lost our composure.

I’m not that worried about our attack. You take Martin and Riley (Blair missed pretty much the whole game) out of any team at this level and they might look a bit blunt up front. We need those two back ASAP tho. Hopefully riley’s Injury isn’t too serious and we are really missing Martin’s vision.

Hopefully Mcmonagle starts to find his feet a bit. I think he’s had a slow start in the domestic stuff after a good CHL. A bit ponderous on the PP and several defensive lapses. I’m sure he will come good tho
Agree with all of this. We’ve been a bit lacklustre since the CHL. As much as I hate losing I think tonights L is the wake up call we needed before Frolunda.

What set Lordo off on the bench??? I’ve never seen him that animated before

ASHIPP

Can't get near to winning a game when constantly on the pk. Devils had plenty of chances on the pp and this is where a strong, slick pp system can give a team some advantage.
Results tonight show that every game is going to be unpredictable and hard work. An early reality check won't hurt......work to do but it can be fixed.
Any more likely injuries to forwards could weaken our scoring capabilities but repeated lack of composure and ill- discipline greatly reduce scoring chances.

Last edited:
Agree with all of this. We’ve been a bit lacklustre since the CHL. As much as I hate losing I think tonights L is the wake up call we needed before Frolunda.

What set Lordo off on the bench??? I’ve never seen him that animated before
Pretty sure him and Fitzgerald were having a shouting match at one point

mjh

Every shot we had was slow to set up and their nettie was always set. Not as physical or sharp as normal. Sloppy play at times. Dumb pens. I think the guy I was talking to on the way out summed it up in one word. Tired. The team looked totally out of it from the start.

jenks33

I thought Clan’s 3rd goal was crucial tonight. Even when Clan made it 1-2 it came against the run of play and I still don’t think there was much panic there. Their 3rd goal was so sloppy though and we just never recovered. In fact we were probably lucky that clan didn’t score a 5th in the 2nd period.

jenks33

Could someone tell me what happened with the 5th goal? I turned my head for 2 seconds and then I saw the light flashing
Pope tried a risky pass from behind the net and it hit a Clan stick and I think it was post and in. I don’t really blame Pope as we were chasing the game. He wouldn’t have done that if it was a one goal game

august04

That was a pretty poor performance tonight. We were all over the shop in the second period, defensively very sloppy and our netminding was awful. A bad night all around. Passing for the sake of it on the PP, trying to find the perfect goal. Just get a man in front of the net, and take the shot, pick up the scraps. We seemed to be afraid to do that all night. And if we’re going to go down, go down with a bit of fight for god’s sake and not a whimper. Where was this faster, more physical team tonight? They were in white I’m afraid, and a damn sight hungrier than us too. I hope this is a wake up call for the new guys. If you take a night off in this league, you’re toast.

Diablo3

That was truly awful. We served another period of penalties, yet out shot the clan 43 24. Unfortunately no-one attacked the net, when we had a power play no-one actually shot. We are surely better than this.