Devils vs Clan - 15 Sept 19 - League

Diablo3

Did anyone else notice mark louis dropped like a Redwood when that puck hit his knee, he was limping after the game as well so hopefully it's nothing serious
Yes, that looked painful. Hope he is ok.

What is encouraging for me from the weekend is we are winning these games without hitting our stride. Once all our guys are match fit and in sync we are going to be scary. I've already seen a few moments of brilliance. Pope is a new man this year, in fact I can't fault any of them so far. All that and the Giants lost (thanks Layne), great weekend.

Good result aside; the atmosphere felt a bit flat in there tonight. I think Viola as a whole is not conducive to it... Pants scoreboard built out of LEGO, underwhelming sound system, non-existent lighting package.

Was sad to see such a well produced video highlight package be so underserved by its surroundings tonight.

Can I just say I told you all mcnamee is the player who will shock everyone and get 50 plus points

Also big game layne has still got it lol 1+1 tonight against giants as they win in overtime
Every man and his dog is also claiming the same thing, swear there were a crowd of experienced hockey scouts in attendance, in Twitter and on here who all recon he is under the radar, ‘called it on day 1’ etc etc. He’s a good player with a good resume, it’s not unexpected.

Every man and his dog is also claiming the same thing, swear there were a crowd of experienced hockey scouts in attendance, in Twitter and on here who all recon he is under the radar, ‘called it on day 1’ etc etc. He’s a good player with a good resume, it’s not unexpected.
As well as Andrew Lord saying so when talking about his signing

tim78

Both games didn't sellout and after the high's last week I'm just glad the team won both games.

It's the issue with being so good to start and getting a big lead the fan's just sit back and watch the show. We'll have to wait for Shef and Belfast to hit town to get the crowd going.

Earnie

I think a lot of us get nervous. Second period was a bit dis-jointed. I think we showed we can turn it on when we want to? Good weekend though with four points.

E.D.S.

Thought we looked very comfortable this weekend and did enough where it mattered and no more. I’m hoping that’s our strategy for the season. A bit like the All Blacks in years gone by. They used to go through the gears and do enough but when it mattered against the big teams they’d blow them away. Could be wishful thinking but I saw a lot to be optimistic about this year. Speed, physicality, good transitioning out of our zone (which used to be a real weakness for us) and a varied power play - where as we used to look static.
Agree with Todd that Glasgow showed class at the start of the game. Also a nice reminder to hear to how many trophies we’ve won under Lords stewardship. Easy to forget his role in this.

2 scrappy games this weekend I thought, the Devils didn't seem to be as organised as they were in the CHL games, it was like they were playing EIHL so just go out and wing it.

I also can't understand why Duggan got such little ice time this weekend, from playing a regular shift in the CHL I would be really suprised if he got to double figures in shifts over the 2 games

Gough60

Two completely different teams to play against over the weekend. Always looked comfortable for both wins. Clan were so ill disciplined they pretty much self destructed over the 2nd & 3rd period.
Few small errors leading to turnovers which will no doubt sort itself out.
Atmosphere was muted but have to give a thumbs up to the girls next to the drummers who did try to get some new chants going.
If the Last game v Frolunder doesn't sell out, with all that will/could be riding on it, then i will be disappointed BIG TIME. This game will/could be HUGE

If I have to il say 60 plus I really think he’s a star
New Devils fan adding my piece:

McNamee's history isn't any guarantee of his projection in the EIHL. He's taken a slightly less conventional path to minor pro hockey via the Canadian University system after Major-Junior and whilst putting up points in the decent DEL2 (DE) and Metal-Ligaen (DK) leagues, these aren't top leagues and probably no longer as deep as the EIHL these days.

There's no doubt he will pick up points but for me it doesn't really matter whether it's >50<. Look at what he did on Sunday "off" the scoreboard. He was really solid in the face-off circle, dominated on the PP from down-low, drew penalties (1 nasty slash to the hand included), finished sensible checks and a had key take-away in neutral ice in the 2nd period leading to a productive offensive rush. Not to mention, he picked up ice time to compensate for a tired-looking Dixon and combined well with Linglet on the offence.
All together he had superb 2-way game against the Clan.

He will be a star EIHL player if he continues like this. How to keep him in Cardiff Bay beyond 1 season is the real question.
The fans have to help out with this by putting more bums on seats and noise in the stands (standing or sitting)!

Slartibartfast

I also thought that the Devils had another gear and thats not a criticism. In the CHL they had to be in top gear for every game but we looked a much better team than Guilford or Clan so did not need it.
McNamee and Linglet looked great together. Dixon is absolutely on fire this year. He was good last year but I think the new additions have brought the best out of him.
Masi has the cheek of Linglet. Must be a european league thing. He had no right charging across the goal mouth when its covered by D men. But he surprised the D (who amazingly made no effort to block him) and scored. I love his speed creativity and daring.
I think the games against Belfast and Sheffield will be played in top gear and they are going to be epics. Can't wait.