Devils vs Clan - 15 Sept 19 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
In the second home game of the weekend Devils welcome the Glasgow Clan to the Viola as we kick off our league campaign. The 2019 Playoff Banner will also be raised at the start of the game.

Devilsatw

Can I just say I told you all mcnamee is the player who will shock everyone and get 50 plus points

Also big game layne has still got it lol 1+1 tonight against giants as they win in overtime

jenks33

Can I just say I told you all mcnamee is the player who will shock everyone and get 50 plus points

Also big game layne has still got it lol 1+1 tonight against giants as they win in overtime
Not sure predicting a 50+ point season for Mcnamee is sticking your neck out. He scored 49 points in 42 games in the DEL and was point a game in Denmark. He’s seen as ulmer’s replacement and Ulmer scored 50+ points in 2 out of 3 seasons with us. I expected Mcnamee to get 50+ points from day 1. Now 60+ points would be a gutsy prediction

Agree with you on Pope and Haddad. Well deserved goal for Pope tonight. He’s playing with an edge this season which is great to see

Devilsatw

Not sure predicting a 50+ point season for Mcnamee is sticking your neck out. He scored 49 points in 42 games in the DEL and was point a game in Denmark. He’s seen as ulmer’s replacement and Ulmer scored 50+ points in 2 out of 3 seasons with us. I expected Mcnamee to get 50+ points from day 1. Now 60+ points would be a gutsy prediction

Agree with you on Pope and Haddad. Well deserved goal for Pope tonight. He’s playing with an edge this season which is great to see
If I have to il say 60 plus I really think he’s a star

jenks33

Overall I’m satisfied with what I saw this weekend. I dread the first couple of domestic games after the CHL games as it’s a bit “after the Lord Mayors show”. Certainly things to work on but at least we got the two wins.
Biggest disappointment for me this weekend was our second period tonight. We put a lot of pressure on Glasgow but I also thought we were very loose at the back. We gave them far too many chances/half chances. Id have taken two 5-3 wins if you’d have offered me that on Friday though.

Also great to see Agent Ulmer doing the business for Storm tonight.

ASHIPP

5-1 up and in control. Then Clan score 2 quick goals Lord will not be pleased with that. Last night 3-0 up and same thing against Flames.

2 points is all that counts and Devils had a winning weekend. They are playing with confidence and aggression. They are in a good mindset for the domestic campaign.

McNamee is going to be a star for us and Blair Riley is going to put up some important points. Richie an outstanding performance. Did all the little things right. Was he ever off the ice?

Swarley

Did anyone else notice mark louis dropped like a Redwood when that puck hit his knee, he was limping after the game as well so hopefully it's nothing serious

terry hunt

Overall I’m satisfied with what I saw this weekend. I dread the first couple of domestic games after the CHL games as it’s a bit “after the Lord Mayors show”. Certainly things to work on but at least we got the two wins.
Biggest disappointment for me this weekend was our second period tonight. We put a lot of pressure on Glasgow but I also thought we were very loose at the back. We gave them far too many chances/half chances. Id have taken two 5-3 wins if you’d have offered me that on Friday though.

Also great to see Agent Ulmer doing the business for Storm tonight.
Yes Ulmer 1+1 and Jared Aulin 1+1.I hope we have not missed a trick with these 2.