Shirt purchase

BostonBart22

Its a forum, topics go off thread all the time, there's been no abuse towards Corky, he is moody, he is grumpy, he is arrogant, these are just facts, can't see why the subject has to be closed, people are allowed to air their opinions positive or negative.
didnt mention corky been abused..

pjj365

Not according to companies house but that does not mean that Devils don't pay the rent on the shop with a commercial arrangement with Bayside Sport Ltd
Some one may be able to confirm that the company was struck off in June this year

If so how is the name still being used?

Swarley

About time to close this subject now, dont think the witchunt on corky would have been mentioned if the shirt problem didnt come to light...everyone move on and enjoy the product on the ice...
Is it really a witch hunt when people are voicing their issues with people?

And tbh all of this seems to have been brewing for a long time now, especially when I know complaints about him and other staff in the shop have been made before and nothing got done.

End of the day if the Devils want to sell merchandise to everyone they should have staff in place who are able to maintain a professional level of service and customer care, not shouting at people or tossing items at them.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #146
Just heard from my friend who called the shop today, shirt still not arrived on last delivery yesterday and it was a birthday present for today's game, shirt was ordered 11th Aug but i'm guessing from TK's explanation it will be available next weekend.

It doesn’t help the way then shop is the designed. It’s hard to provide good customer services when there’s so many people in such a small space, rushing to make purchases between periods.

I always thought a pop up merchandise shop would be good idea on the stage in the bar. There’s more space to try things on and would take off the pressure of the shop.

It doesn’t help the way then shop is the designed. It’s hard to provide good customer services when there’s so many people in such a small space, rushing to make purchases between periods.

I always thought a pop up merchandise shop would be good idea on the stage in the bar. There’s more space to try things on and would take off the pressure of the shop.
I’ve received rubbish customer service when the shop has been empty on a non-game day. Rudeness and an obnoxious attitude is no excuse for their surroundings, however small the shop is.

Good idea about the pop-up merchandise shop though!

Pondlife

Some one may be able to confirm that the company was struck off in June this year

If so how is the name still being used?
The company "Bayside Sports Limited" is showing on Companies House as dissolved as of 18 June 2019 - it doesn't give a reason and so nothing should be read into this. The company existed as a separate legal entity to the former owner/director. It's perfectly legit to trade under a name without having it as a registered limited company as many tradespeople do. If you're not over the VAT threshold, for many the admin and overheads of running a limited company are not worth the hassle if you don't need the protection of limited liability and in some cases it can be beneficial to operate as "self employed" from an income tax perspective.

The above is just my opinion and I'm not an accountant.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #150
Update on friends jersey, when they called today to enquire about it not only was it not there today (ordered 11th Aug) they didn't even bother to say call back next week or even a estimated date it may be ready for collection, absolutely terrible customer service on a situation that is already bad enough.

Pleximan

The problems with poor customer service in the shop is long running as I have heard people complaining about a poor attitude of the shop staff for some years now and I too have experienced it, on non game day where the shop is not overly busy.
My experience on a few occasions where I have gone in and browsed and asked a question or two regarding stock, quite politely I must add, was to receive a snappy answer accompanied with a very unfriendly facial expression.
The last time that happened I had gone in to buy a Devils jersey but changed my mind on the spot and left.
I no longer go in the shop and instead I buy NHL and European jerseys from other outlets.
I will not buy a Devils jersey from the current shop management or even set foot in there because of the bad customer service. I know lots of others who feel the same and it's a sad but it's the truth.

Mazzoak

Todd Kelman is appointed directorships at a number of businesses.

DEL Merchandise Ltd
DEL Sports Sponsorship Ltd
Devils TV Ltd
Pendulum Management Ltd.

We are talking about the Merchandise, but there is another potential issue, concerning the ViolaBlack account. Whilst it’s not illegal, it has been criticised for promoting itself as a Bank Account. It isn’t, whilst it’s FSA approved it’s not licensed as a Bank and does not belong to the FSCS. Unlike Monza and others who do. This means your money isn’t as protected, the reason given by Viola is its a prepaid card, your money is logged at traditional banks, but don’t protect the card holder, just Viola. Anybody wishing to become a client, I’d highly recommend researching first.

pjj365

Todd Kelman is appointed directorships at a number of businesses.

DEL Merchandise Ltd
DEL Sports Sponsorship Ltd
Devils TV Ltd
Pendulum Management Ltd.

We are talking about the Merchandise, but there is another potential issue, concerning the ViolaBlack account. Whilst it’s not illegal, it has been criticised for promoting itself as a Bank Account. It isn’t, whilst it’s FSA approved it’s not licensed as a Bank and does not belong to the FSCS. Unlike Monza and others who do. This means your money isn’t as protected, the reason given by Viola is its a prepaid card, your money is logged at traditional banks, but don’t protect the card holder, just Viola. Anybody wishing to become a client, I’d highly recommend researching first.
The card is a MasterCard issued by AF Payments which is FSA registered and as you say it is a pre-payment card but you could lose whatever is on the card but your loss is restricted to that - where's the issue and how is this relevant

They are sponsors and otherwise have no connection with the Devi!s

Mazzoak

Cardiff Devils are promoting this product stating

Tonight, we're back in ⚫️ so why not check out @ViolaBlackUK current account and prepaid card which is open to everyone. The sign up process is simple too; personal details, proof of identity and address is all that’s required. Check out their website violablack.com

It’s not a current account.

pjj365

Cardiff Devils are promoting this product stating

Tonight, we're back in ⚫️ so why not check out @ViolaBlackUK current account and prepaid card which is open to everyone. The sign up process is simple too; personal details, proof of identity and address is all that’s required. Check out their website violablack.com

It’s not a current account.
But they do a fully FCA approved current account

Mazzoak

But they do a fully FCA approved current account
See this article from 2 September 2019

https://financial-news.co.uk/viola-black-a-new-digital-bank-has-launched/

While Viola Black aren’t a traditional bank and offer a prepaid card that must be loaded with money before you use it. This pre-loaded card comes with an account number that will be managed through the company’s app. Customers can also transfer money into the account. Viola Black is emphasising the multi-currency uses of their service, which offers the capability of making payments abroad.

Customers can’t set up direct debit transfers or standing orders. Deposits to the prepaid card are not protected by the Financial Compensation Scheme (FSCS) because they aren’t a traditional banking service. Money is instead held in a protected account by Viola to ensure that the funds are protected even if the company collapses. It is similar to the arrangement made by Loot customers. After Loot when into administration, this situation became a reality.

I’m not saying it’s illegal or there is anything wrong other than it’s marketed as a current account, which it isn’t, which for me is a red flag. I’m also not a fan of prepaid cards, mainly because of the charges. Marketing a Black Card also gives the impression it’s marketing to people who want to appear as a high net worth individual when in fact most who use these cards tend not to be money savvy.

I’m just advising anybody who is interested to seek some further independent advice, don’t solely rely on its merits because it’s promoted by the Devils Organisation.

pjj365

Of the many linked sites to the products - note the plural - it states products are in development

BUT see this link - https://www.violablack.com/ - as a Fintech start up things will move quickly

Nevertheless, your advice to seek advice is good

As a traditional lending banker back in the day I remember First Direct starting up and causing concern before the days of deposit protection!

Mazzoak

Monza is the First Direct of today. I’m not concerned about Viola, jury’s out regarding its viability medium term, it’s not great. There are cheaper, longer established, highly endorsed, better protected Digital Banking Apps in the market place. Is it the right product for the Devils to endorse, my personal opinion is, it’s questionable. Then again, off ice business decisions over the last few years have been some howlers, promoting ViolaBlack might not be their worst.

drainage

Sorry but for me a lot of comments here seem personal.....I have never had an issue in the shop (and I often pop in and don’t buy anything) Lots of statements saying “ I know a lot of people who have an issue “ .....I don’t , I never have had and I don’t expect to have an issue. The shirt issue wasn’t of Corky’s making it’s been explained it might not be the best news but it’s happened .....I am also waiting for a shirt , I will get it when it gets here