Shirt purchase

Swarley

Katrina was made aware when a Milton Keynes fan was verbally abused in the shop at the end of last season..... not acceptable in any way.

I've bought kids hockey stuff from Skatepro in Denmark rather than from the Viola shop. Such a shame as we should be able to support our rink shop with our business but I find it impossible to do so
I heard that the MK fan was being obnoxious but I heard that from someone in the shop so I take it with a pinch of salt, regardless of what was going on there is no excuse for a staff member to be abusive towards a customer, devils fan or not if someone is in the shop asking questions or looking at the merchandise you act friendly professional and interact with them, you don't turn your back, throw items at people or become verbally abusive.

Because one day its going to happen and who ever is being abusive could end up getting punched and they'd only have themselves to blame, I'd hate for that to happen but I can honestly see it going that way if things are no corrected.

As I said, there must be so much expertise in that shop that we should be able to tap into and learn from. If things were different then I would gladly buy all of my kit from that shop

Just to add, the Milton Keynes fan in question (and I assume most people on here probably know who I'm referring too) was in the shop at the time to purchase a Devils shirt with name and number therefore c£100

Swarley

This doesn’t make good reading. TK must be mortified reading this last couple of pages. I think I’d be trying to do this in-house instead of continuing as is and have people spending their hard earned money elsewhere. Or get more customer friendly people in the shop!
Todd should be aware of this as I've emailed him saying there is a growing number of people who have genuine complaints against staff in the shop.

I have a lot of respect for Todd and how he delt with other issues so if he decides to just ignore this then he'll lose the respect of fans namely myself and I don't think I'd be alone either.

Swarley

Just to add, the Milton Keynes fan in question (and I assume most people on here probably know who I'm referring too) was in the shop at the time to purchase a Devils shirt with name and number therefore c£100
From what I heard Andy "the MK fan" was having a laugh while looking at jerseys and asked if they had any MK ones, apparently that's all it toom for him to get an abusive reaction from the staff.

I don't know if that is 100% true but looking at everything that's been said in here it looks more and more believable.

pjj365

Todd should be aware of this as I've emailed him saying there is a growing number of people who have genuine complaints against staff in the shop.

I have a lot of respect for Todd and how he delt with other issues so if he decides to just ignore this then he'll lose the respect of fans namely myself and I don't think I'd be alone either.
I doubt Todd will ignore this but I don't think the shop is the Devils shop nor are the staff Devils staff

The most he can do is withdraw the rights to sell Devils branded stock - and what then? Imagine the complaints

As I say I doubt Todd will ignore this but expect radio silence

Swarley

I tend to agree with this too. Jobs for the boys, if you pardon the expression.
Well they're gonna have to make a choice if people stop buying from the shop altogether, do they keep someone who is causing the organisation problems and costing them money or do they replace it with actual decent nice people who can out the effort in.

Corky might be mates with the owners but that only gets you so far before you get put in your place

BostonBart22

To be fair to the staff, on match nights you cant move in there they are under a lot of pressure to move in there, think a bigger shop is needed tbh and no complaints from me , always have a good natter to them all.

pjj365

Can anyone clarify please

In my mind the club can do nothing directly - it is not their business. If I'm right then this thread serves no purpose and dissatisfied customers need to find a new outlet to further the issue

If I'm wrong then I assume things will take their course

I agree in theory but the shop is the 1st touchpoint of the Devils for many. Therefore for visitors to the rink or for newcomers to Hockey then it gives the wrong message completely and tarnishes what we know to be a great organisation. My outlet is not to shop in there and give my cash to other companies when buying kit rather than support my local shop.

I once had the misfortune to venture into the shop in the bbt during a period break and was browsing through some merchandise. To my surprise his opening gambit to me was something along the lines of ‘are you gonna buy anything or what!’
I decided to leave the shop there and then.
Subsequently, I have never set foot in the shop at the arena and will not do so as long as he has anything to do with it, he is arrogant, rude but seemingly well connected!
Judging by some comments on here a lot of people like me have voted with their feet, which is a real shame because the Devils need to maximise all income streams to compete and continue to put a great product on the ice.
The only thing I want to see in that shop is an ‘Under New Management ‘ sign!

pjj365

I accept that the shop if the first pub!ic face for the Devils on entering the arena and becomes a must shop experience for newbies and casuals - particularly 1st period break and as such it should be an important part of the match night experience.

But Bayside Sport Limited is a company wholly owned by Corky( I should have checked Companies House sooner!). As such the club have no control

I accept that the shop if the first pub!ic face for the Devils on entering the arena and becomes a must shop experience for newbies and casuals - particularly 1st period break and as such it should be an important part of the match night experience.

But Bayside Sport Limited is a company wholly owned by Corky( I should have checked Companies House sooner!). As such the club have no control
Look again..... dissolved under 3 months ago.

Like you say, they may have no control as such but they do (as the landlord and Image Rights owners, presumably) have leverage!

kingmo19.1

I've seen the one gent who works in there being abusive to someone. Not the young lad, he's usually very helpful. The other chap who works in there, don't think it's corky. He was reaching up to get a cap down to have a look and he was shouting at him, "Oi! There's one here, don't touch those ones!" Gesturing with his hands he had a cap in to give to the customer instead. Customer had his back to him to him, so he then shouted louder at him,"Oi! Are you f*****g deaf or what?!!" Customer was so flabbergasted when he turned around and saw he was talking to him that he just walked out.
I've collected orders in there and just had them flung at me. Everything seems like a chore to them sometimes.
Quite unprofessional and rude.
The other half refuses to go in there now. I had to collect the CHL jerseys from there this season and she wouldn't come in to get them, cos she doesn't like it in there. Luckily the young lad served me.
Reading all the stories about people rather go somewhere else to get hockey gear for their kids etc... Is awful. As they say, it's money the club are missing out on because of basic customer service.
That really is absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

pjj365

Like you say, they may have no control as such but they do (as the landlord and Image Rights owners, presumably) have leverage!
Not sure they're the landlord (Devils operate but don't own the arena) but as I said previously the merchandise franchise could be withdraw. I wonder though what the impact would be on share of profits from items sold ( maybe - assume that's part of the deal) and fan outcry ( almost certain)