Belfast @ Augsburg

jenks33

Riles me? No. Surprises me? Yes. Personally, when I watch a game as a neutral, I pick a team. If it was giants vs an Italian team or a swedish team, I'd pick Belfast. I mean, why not? A league game, and I'd probably go for the opposition for obvious reasons. I'd say more people seem riled with the argument against my opinion. I sense the football fan mindset that has almost put me off the sport completely. All this I'm English I hate Wales, and vice versa. That riles me.
Football fan mindset that has almost put you off hockey or football?

Rich Best

What do you do if an English player scores for the devils or for your football team?
It's not a personal thing against individuals. I am half English and lived there for about 10% of my life. I guess I have just developed a hatred for England rugby over the years. I think Mike Brown is a large part of the blame, can't stand the guy lol.

tim78

I've always presumed theres 2 types of peps, the love to hate (as in pantomime fun) and the ones that have real issues.

I think pretty much most of us fall into the first.

KaneDevils

Football fan mindset that has almost put you off hockey or football?
Football. My biggest fear is that the football fan mentality was to ever creep into hockey.

Tim78, maybe. But one man's pantomime humour, isnt funny to others. Many cross the line and proclaim "it's only a joke". All this hatred in sport against skin colour and nationality is prehistoric and crass and I have zero time for it.

When the Giants have won in Europe I've felt happy for them, and pleased that they've made a statement on behalf of the league.

When Giants lose in Europe, I feel happy that a typically bolshy fanbase have to eat a slice of humble pie. I don't think the two contradict each other.

If you fall down more on one side than the other, that's up to you; but does it really affect us all that much? If you're pro-giants in Europe and they lose, are you going to miss much sleep wondering what might have been for the league? We're at a level where we can only really take steps forward, unless we REALLY humiliate ourselves. Likewise, if you'd like to see Giants punished and they win, what's it to you? You need to deal seeing fans happy that their team won?

I feel like we're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

tim78

Understand Kane, but last time I went to a pantomime I didn't really see violence and hate in the sense. I can understand that there maybe an element of emotion than can be touched on but there's a mass difference between the villanising in a controlled and expected manner against the coin throwing and ugly comments you may be referring too.

Devils86

Understand Kane, but last time I went to a pantomime I didn't really see violence and hate in the sense. I can understand that there maybe an element of emotion than can be touched on but there's a mass difference between the villanising in a controlled and expected manner against the coin throwing and ugly comments you may be referring too.
Last time I went to a pantomime it was brutal! One bloke got eaten by a crocodile! There were these young lads that got tied up and threatened by men with knives. And it started with children being abducted in the middle of the night by a bloke in tights.

tim78

Always a strange thing children's TV when you step back and look at how shiny bad things can be made.
Lets just hope we don't visit a rink made of candy.

KaneDevils

When the Giants have won in Europe I've felt happy for them, and pleased that they've made a statement on behalf of the league.

When Giants lose in Europe, I feel happy that a typically bolshy fanbase have to eat a slice of humble pie. I don't think the two contradict each other.

If you fall down more on one side than the other, that's up to you; but does it really affect us all that much? If you're pro-giants in Europe and they lose, are you going to miss much sleep wondering what might have been for the league? We're at a level where we can only really take steps forward, unless we REALLY humiliate ourselves. Likewise, if you'd like to see Giants punished and they win, what's it to you? You need to deal seeing fans happy that their team won?

I feel like we're making a mountain out of a molehill here.
I dont think anyone was making a mountain out of a molehill until you posted that. ;)
Tim, in regards to your pantomime comment, I'm not sure if you're joking around or missing my point?
Perhaps I've not explained myself well. Either way, I'll leave it at that.