Devils vs Graz 99ers - 1 Sept 19 - CHL

ASHIPP

Terrific result for the Guys. They should be proud of themselves and still celebrating! What is starting to become clear now is that our new players are settling in and buying into Lordo"s systems..... and also the roles they were signed for Riley's leadership, McNamee goalscoring, McMonagle skilled in shootouts.
To even be in CHL the Team is doing well. To top the table (did I just say that....sounds great) at this stage is a fantastic achievement.

What is exciting is that we still have GOAT and Evan to return to the squad. Hoping very much that Lord keeps Matias on the roster.... all considered (jet lag, lack of practice with the team etc) he did pretty well on his debut last night.

Last edited:

osh

A couple of weeks ago I said the only positives after a particular game were to see Bentivoglio and Martin back on the ice.
Last night there were nothing but positives all over the ice for us. Every player deserves praise and we were well worth the win, in fact we could easily have scored 3 before Grazz opened the scoring. Doug Mason their coach admitted that they were second best on the night.

KaneDevils

A couple of weeks ago I said the only positives after a particular game were to see Bentivoglio and Martin back on the ice.
Last night there were nothing but positives all over the ice for us. Every player deserves praise and we were well worth the win, in fact we could easily have scored 3 before Grazz opened the scoring. Doug Mason their coach admitted that they were second best on the night.
Dont need their coach to tell us that. Was plain to see.

hip check

Fantastic performance all round, fingers crossed we can get a few more points and possibly progress to the next stage.
One major worry could be that some players may have put themselves in the 'shop window'. Sam Jardine came here to progress his career and with the excellent performance he's put in in the CHL he and a couple of others could possibly have offers aka Ben Blood.

Devils86

Fantastic performance all round, fingers crossed we can get a few more points and possibly progress to the next stage.
One major worry could be that some players may have put themselves in the 'shop window'. Sam Jardine came here to progress his career and with the excellent performance he's put in in the CHL he and a couple of others could possibly have offers aka Ben Blood.
Was thinking the same thing with a few others, including the obvious candidates. Importantly though as the Devils showed last season with Blood, in such a position they will expect to be properly compensated.

As such we should enjoy every game we have left with some of our boys.

BostonBart22

Was thinking the same thing with a few others, including the obvious candidates. Importantly though as the Devils showed last season with Blood, in such a position they will expect to be properly compensated.

Shame its not like football...hands off until january

Rempel16

To be fair, Panthers got to the quarter finals 2/3 years ago and not one of their players was poached.

Devils86

To be fair, Panthers got to the quarter finals 2/3 years ago and not one of their players was poached.
My thought was that the likes of Bowns and Fournier will almost certainly be on the move in the summer, and Linglet may retire. So let’s enjoy these guys whilst we have them and get behind them

moggy#9

My thought was that the likes of Bowns and Fournier will almost certainly be on the move in the summer, and Linglet may retire. So let’s enjoy these guys whilst we have them and get behind them
The devils' (and Belfast's) performances have had me thinking about the browns situation. What would actually be a better league for him to play in? Particularly considering the limited slots available for goalies. I doubt Sweden or Finland, especially as a starter. EBEL seems close to EIHL level, so DEL or Swiss? Fournier could probably play in any league in Europe. If he (somehow) does stay with us his number will one day be in the rafters.