Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug 19 - CHL

Mountfield HK look really slick, disciplined and structured. For me they look better than Liberec.

You guys are maybe a little passive, you're not going to beat these guys skill for skill. More fire required.

Imp

31:11
Goal - 1:1. CAR Power Play Goal, 5 on 3.
Goal by Blair Riley assisted by Matthew Pope and Gleason Fournier.

32:04
Goal - 2:1. CAR Power Play Goal.
Goal by Mike McNamee assisted by Charles Linglet and Mark Richardson.

mjh

Played really well in the second. First period, passes weren't sticking. When we're physical we're getting them to cough up the puck. Awesome atmosphere at times. Come on Devils!

Imp

59:58
Goal - 3:2. MHK Power Play Goal Extra Attacker.
Goal by Tomáš Vincour assisted by Radovan Pavlík and Lukáš Cingel.

DEVILS WIN!!!

SteveKing

Great win for the boys. Two or three years ago I would have been losing my mind about a result like this. What the world is learning more and more is that these results are not out of the ordinary any more. On the previous post, I really don't believe that this is an embarrassing week for Czech hockey. The rosters in our league stack up very well against many of these leagues now. This isn't a boast about the Devils, its a comment on our league as a whole. Roll on to the next game.

Mooney#16

Comes to something when you can win that game not playing that well. First period was brutal. Fair play though 2nd was a beauty. Got it done on power play but those pens were drawn on hard work. Fournier, Linglet and Dixon really showed up and elevated the whole team. UK hockey's stock has probably never been higher.

And take a bow yet again Bownsey. Top class netminding in trying mental circumstances. Bravo Ben.

mjh

Really enjoyed the game tonight. Was great to see the boys getting the job done. Not the best game I've seen us play but from the second period onwards, we looked assured. Blair Riley is going to be huge for us this year. I kept reminding myself we still have Mosey and the GOAT to come back. Awesome. Well done lads.