Short term signing

Wannabe2

Not a great start to the CHL
If we lose tonight and Sunday it’s all over before it begins
Let’s not talk about losing, we haven’t even played yet, hopefully the lads will dig deep tonight and pick up the slack. We have a very good team that we haven’t seen the best of yet, let’s hope we see that tonight.
Happy Hockey Days

matbur

Speculating here, but I wonder whether Joey is going to have some sort of minor surgery to clear up whatever injury he has niggling him? He obviously must've felt it was getting better as he played last Sunday. Perhaps he and the team feel it's best to get it cleared up completely now before the season gets into full swing. Good that the organisation have acted quickly to bring someone in on a short-term deal, of course Martin will be missed but it does ease the pressure.

EP describes Sointu as "a fairly small forward, Sointu is a strong skater with good offensive skills. He possesses very good hands and has excellent upside as a goal-scorer."

terry hunt

The team has played without Joey so far and Lordo has been able to work his line combinations without him.
Last week showed he is not fully fit so best sorted out quickly

august04

i think this guy will stick around, given the obvious concern surrounding Joey Martin and with the likes of Haddad coming off lengthy injuries last year. The worse start possible to our CHL campaign, Martin is very difficult to replace at our level.

Diablo3

Thread starter #14
I think the week to week thing allows Lordo to take a good look at Matias and see if he fits as well as covering Joey. If he does, I reckon there is our spare import for the season.

mjh

Not sure what happens now we're a centre short. Will Riley switch? The new guy looks decent from his stats. Not a standout signing but wouldn't expect that at this point. Looking forward to tonight.

BostonBart22

For a guy to have only skated 2 weeks this season and rushed in this weekend , he played pretty well , got a lot of speed in him, ideal replacement for joey, could be a gem in disguise. stood out on his first shift on first line..

moggy#9

Well what is everyone's opinions on the new guy, I was working so missed the game?
I was really impressed, not just with his skills, but with his great awareness. He could have been forgiven for not knowing where his team mates would be, but he always seemed to be in the right place, or put the pick where it needed to be. The first shift with marjamaki seemed almost telepathic.