Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug 19 - Preseason

Wannabe2

We certainly can’t move out due to the fact we have no where to go, we are where we are for the foreseeable future, in the best home we have ever had since our invention in 1986. Enjoy every game guys and why not.

CaldicotDevil

No there’s no time limit, and that’s a fact. No limit.
For the ice time but the rest of the arena is up for debate. After seeing Grazing Sheds price increases & decrease in portion size I’m guessing there rent has increased. Like I said the clubs in great position, don’t wanna come across ungrateful.

jenks33

If it ever got to the stage where we needed more seating ( I appreciate that’s a way off as we rarely sell out) is there an option of a lot more seating at the viola? Or would we be looking at moving location?

Mooney#16

Getting back to the issue. If Giants, Steelers and Panthers all decide and achieve in raising the financial ceiling on the league Devils fans can’t just expect ownership to pony up to stay competitive. If Devils don’t have business options around increasing attendance they have to think outside the box. Chase down sponsorships, increase ticketing pricing, generate secondary sales etc but your really trying to pull ever penny. And don’t get me started on going for the bottom line for margin as that’s a one way ticket back to the BBT era.

The truth is for Devils if Giants, Steelers and Panthers can achieve steady financial growth and transfer that to the ice whilst Devils will be a well run and viable club if they maintain residency of the Viola trophies will prove significantly harder to come by.

Cardiff will eventually get a proper arena. The interesting thing will be will it be of a viable size to benefit the Devils. From the proposals that get thrown around it’s honestly hard to tell.

Rob Batch

Had we been able to finish off the chances we created, we'd have won last night by a Cantor. MAC did well on their powerplay, and I think our penalty kill was probably the most dissapointing aspect of last night.

Mcnamee and Mcmonagle and Jardine had their best outings so far for me, and i think Mcnamee may end up being the sleeper signing of the entire league, he has all the attributes to pick up our secondary scoring.

The First line also look like it has early chemistery.

5 on 5 happy where we were last night, finishing and penalty kill however need improving, especially in the CHL.
The only post that gives me a clue of what happened.

Slartibartfast

Sorry to inerrupt this `we need a new arena to have any chance of trophies ` post but I repeat my question on the small matter of the game. Please could someone tell me what the lines were.

Mooney#16

Doesn’t matter. They clearly didn’t work

Sorry I know i’m being obtuse. Wasn’t in attendance so no idea. Apologies for derailing the subject matter somewhat.

Devil_Abroad

Sorry to inerrupt this `we need a new arena to have any chance of trophies ` post but I repeat my question on the small matter of the game. Please could someone tell me what the lines were.
Riley Martin Benti
Linglet McNamee Haddad
Pope Dixon Marajamaki
Duggan Myers Batch (Rutkis had one shift?)

Richardson Fournier
Reddick Jardine
McMonagle Louis

Slartibartfast

Riley Martin Benti
Linglet McNamee Haddad
Pope Dixon Marajamaki
Duggan Myers Batch (Rutkis had one shift?)

Richardson Fournier
Reddick Jardine
McMonagle Louis
Thanks. First line makes sense to me. I would

like to see Pope and Linglet swap places. We know Linglet and Dixon work well together and I think Masis European style would fit well with Linglet. I also think Haddad and McNamee being good playmakers could unleash Popes scoring.

ASHIPP

Thanks. First line makes sense to me. I would

like to see Pope and Linglet swap places. We know Linglet and Dixon work well together and I think Masis European style would fit well with Linglet. I also think Haddad and McNamee being good playmakers could unleash Popes scoring.
Found it a bit strange that Pope was on that line as it was Linglet and Dixon that had the proven chemistry last season..... and Masi has played with Dixon on a previous team. Perhaps this was Lordo just trying different line combos to confirm what works.

pjj365

In a pre-season interview (from the roof of the Viola!) Lordo did say he would be mixing lines in pre-season. His logic was that lines need to be flexible, players need to be able to play together to cover injury/form/etc.

On that basis I've not read too much into lines so far

Mazzoak

Six guys are running the club and getting what they intended out of it. What percentage profit, who knows, it must be worthwhile though, otherwise why bother. They only visit once or twice a year and whilst Todd is a “friend” to Steve l very much doubt that translates across the other successful businessman throwing money down the throat of the Zamboni and not getting anything in return, thats an expensive way to watch EIHL hockey.

My point being all will be good until the day that balance tips, when the price of success becomes too great, when losses increase & the inevitable attendance levels drop, then like all good business owners, they’ll walk away leaving a trail of unhappiness.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

All the more reason to enjoy the ride whilst it is here, forget the claptrap of sados things are good at the moment, let’s enjoy it.