Captain Mo

ASHIPP

A good servant to the Club and retiring from playing is absolutely the right thing to do now.

Morissette may be 'most successful Devils' captain in recent times' ( it's always a quote mentioned in relevant news articles)........ but there were also 20+ other guys responsible for creating the Team's success who at least deserve some credit!

Wish him success for the future.

august04

A great servant to the club in good times and bad. Slightly surprised that he hasn’t been brought into the coaching staff but it’s the right time to finish as a player.

Devils86

This news also sheds some light on why Mo’s playoff jersey went for so much. His last ever jersey and obviously the win. At the time there was mention that it had become a bidding war between family members.

Rich Best

A good servant to the Club and retiring from playing is absolutely the right thing to do now.

Morissette may be 'most successful Devils' captain in recent times' ( it's always a quote mentioned in relevant news articles)........ but there were also 20+ other guys responsible for creating the Team's success who at least deserve some credit!

Wish him success for the future.
Why can't we just focus on Mo in this moment? I think he deserves that.

Mooney#16

It’s easy to remember Mo from the last two years plagued by injuries and playing in a shut down role and forget the full extent of his contribution to the Devils.

One of the few players who could actually convert regularly on a penalty shot he must have earned numerous points on that alone. His penalty killing, shot blocking and shut down play was huge but before that I think his offensive production is hugely underrated where he was putting up hugely credible numbers across multiple seasons.

As a captain I think us as fans have to look beyond the calm on ice persona. Clearly liked and respected by the people who counted and knew the facts it can’t conceivably be a coincidence he has risen that many trophies by accident.

Congratulations Jake on a fine Devils career and helping restore the pride into that jersey. Good luck for all your future endeavours.