Players who didn’t play here long enough

trapped

Weller, Brigley, Jeff Ulmer and Biz Nasty were all not here for long enough, would have loved them to stay longer and for different reasons. Cracking pod about this from the behind the bench boys (3 parts I think), well worth a listen.

jenks33

Todd Gillingham :).

I still needed more time to work out how the hell he actually played and did very well in the AHL!
I started following the devils in 1996 so I’d been used to Mike Ware and Mike Macwilliam. Let’s just say Gillingham wasn’t quite in their league...We had some shockers in that 1999/00 team.

RTfarty

Weller and Bissonnette. For me, two of the most complete and exciting players I've ever watched in a Devils jersey. I can't begin to imagine how good it would be to have them playing in this current era of management.

Edit: Special mention for Ben Blood who I hope will return towards the end of his career. Showed that he was a quality D man, but an even better character off the ice which would only be good for the club/sport.

tim78

wannabe - definetly Wellar. Nothing makes me happier than watching his nhl moment flooring 3 players and the Corey hit (well if you call it a hit massive ).

and another Matt Elich

jenks33

wannabe - definetly Wellar. Nothing makes me happier than watching his nhl moment flooring 3 players and the Corey hit (well if you call it a hit massive ).

and another Matt Elich
Listen to the behind the bench podcast with Neil Francis. You might change your mind about Elich

jenks33

rumours at the time was elich was a bit of a split personality. was defo a step ahead of his team mates mind you. looked top draw
I’m sure Franny said something along the lines of he was the most bizarre individual he’d ever played with. Good player but just never listened and did his own thing, on and off the ice