Goodbye Bownsy??

Justtw

Thread starter #43
That was....... embarrassing? I can’t even put it into words. Like yes, we’re no where near the standard as most of these teams but honestly, we lacked in so many areas in regards to fundamental hockey.

Passing to no one, poor d spacing, dump and chase that has not worked for us at all!!

I don’t think we had a man in the high slot when we were fighting around the boards ready for a pass the entire game. We dumped in, maybe picked it up, passed it about, caused a turn over and out.

I know this was to be expected but, damn, didn’t expect us to look this silly.

Justtw

Thread starter #44
Actually I am watching this game thank you, as I have been watching all the games, Denmark are ranked 12th in the World, we are ranked 22nd, and it’s showing. Denmark have NHL/,KHL etc players in their team, we have Elite league players, the clubs we watch here in the UK are supplemented by 15 Import players, GB don’t have that luxury. These lads are not, and I repeat not embarrassing themselves, they are giving everything they have got, and giving everything against far better opposition is bloody tiring. So lighten up you can only give it your best shot, if your best shot ain’t good enough, then that’s a fact of life. These lads can only do their best, and they are doing just that.
I think it’s more embarrassing honestly that we’re not taken seriously but opposition fans, the IIHF agency AND the commentators.

Wannabe2

So What is our best against pool A teams, when did our lads last play at this standard, we have a builder in the close season, we have a driver in the close season, the list goes on and on. To call these lads embarrassing, those comments are more embarrassing than these players. Pool A is for the worlds best, never forget that, we are a pool B team, trying to punch above our weight, but don’t curse the guys out for that.

osh

Sorry Wannabe2, the lads - who no doubt tried hard - were an embarrassment today and they will know that this evening for sure. 4 power play goals early doors because players not doing the simple things and at times looking plain lazy. This was a game targeted to try and get a result, but our netminders were left exposed by d men simply not doing their jobs. We were totally ineffective in constructive forward play and an embarrassment . I was actually at the Germany game and we earned so much respect from fans and hockey experts for putting in 100% every shift we have lost that credibility today. By the way, we are not a pool B team, we are a pool A team and deserving to be due to previous efforts, the players have let themselves down and need to up their performances in upcoming games. I don’t actually mind losing to teams who are superior to us, but I know this team are better than today’s shambles.

Sorry Wannabe2, the lads - who no doubt tried hard - were an embarrassment today and they will know that this evening for sure. 4 power play goals early doors because players not doing the simple things and at times looking plain lazy. This was a game targeted to try and get a result, but our netminders were left exposed by d men simply not doing their jobs. We were totally ineffective in constructive forward play and an embarrassment . I was actually at the Germany game and we earned so much respect from fans and hockey experts for putting in 100% every shift we have lost that credibility today. By the way, we are not a pool B team, we are a pool A team and deserving to be due to previous efforts, the players have let themselves down and need to up their performances in upcoming games. I don’t actually mind losing to teams who are superior to us, but I know this team are better than today’s shambles.
Absolutely this.
And this again!

Ouch i really have zero knowledge of the teams in our group. Is there a team that we can maybe put a fight against or is every team likely to dominate us?