Steelers Vs Devils - 23 Jan 19

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
27707vl6.jpg
Devils take on the steelers in the house of rust on wednesday night. Devils are coming off back to back wins against 2nd place Giants whereas steelers did the same over Milton Keynes, taking an impressive 2 -1 win on home ice Sunday against the last placed team, with no coach who iced a full compliment of 13 outskaters. It's all to play for.

Samael

I hope we batter them. 10 nil or something similar. We are top dogs right now, nothing lasts forever and I'm sure the yorkie puds will be challenging again in a year or two so lets give them a hammering while we still can. You know they would if they had the opportunity.

Finny

This is going to be a lot tougher than some people think.

Firstly, everything over the past week will have been focussed on those Belfast games. And we all saw how much the players put into that weekend.
To get themselves back up mentally for a 'lesser' team like Sheffield will be tough, especially as there is such a short turn around between games.

Plus, Sheffield have had a bit of a boost in recent weeks. Back to back wins over Nottingham and MK. A home victory over Manchester and they ran Belfast close in both games over there.

This is going to be a tough game and certainly no hammering.

Wagstaff

With the quality you have you can’t be serious?
Not only do you outweigh them in that department but last weekend you iced an extra line of forwards than them and a spare to boot, yes they will play to win but play the game right and they will be on their knees by the middle of the third period.
Andrew Lord will not take the points for granted and will have the team prepared as always, I think you will take an easy 2 points at the end of the night.

Gazza272

With the quality you have you can’t be serious?
Not only do you outweigh them in that department but last weekend you iced an extra line of forwards than them and a spare to boot, yes they will play to win but play the game right and they will be on their knees by the middle of the third period.
Andrew Lord will not take the points for granted and will have the team prepared as always, I think you will take an easy 2 points at the end of the night.
The thing is though is that Sheffield will be desperate to get one over on us, in this case each of them are going to be playing above their season level.

Look at Nottingham? stunk the place out against everyone else, come into the Viola the other week and take us to Overtime. Form means nothing when looking at our games because everyone wants the big scalp.

Sheffield have nothing to lose against us, that's what makes them dangerous. They aren't expected to win, so pressure off, they can go play with more freedom.

Tough tough game, will be delighted with 2 points.

Mooney#16

Even in Devils disaster year pre takeover with a mediocre squad and morale in the gutter Devils still had winning home records against both Steelers and Panthers I believe. I think only Giants took a winning record from the BBT that year. Just proves league standings don’t mean a lot to a wounded club especially on there home ice. Get on them early and take there fans out of it. A sniff of an upset and they’ll all get well up for it. As said a very tricky game at a very tricky time. Good thing is it’s all about how Devils play now and destiny lies in our players hands.

hip check

Tough game imo, everyone wants to defeat the top dogs (and at this moment we are), should never underestimate any opposition as a win against us would be a platform to push on and get a bit of momentum going, o/t win for Devil's.

ASHIPP

You can bet the Steelers will turn up for this one. Forget 'getting one over the league leaders'....this is do or die time for them to fight and secure a playoff berth. Every game now is crucial for them. They are on the upturn lately and that will motivate them, especially as the game is at their place. Devils have been consistent and solid on the road this season - it would be great for our team to be grinning even wider at the end of this game. :cool:

Gospel

Devils Steelers rivalry is still top for me, no matter how bad either team is in any given year its always about beating each other. If the guys cant get themselves up for this game, even after the weekend & no matter league position, then maybe they need to sit down and watch games from the past. Just my opinion. I know from my own personal perspective I would be up for the game. Lets hope the guys are to.

Hedd Wyn John

Don’t let the league position fool you, this Steelers side is not to be taken lightly. They’re at home, they are underdogs & they are fighting for a place in the play offs. It’s gonna be a tough game whatever happens.