IAW bar prices

Have Hope#35

Also, we don't know if the alcohol suppliers have put their prices up!!
The price per barrel for beer has gone up significantly over the last few years... whilst the suppliers won't have anything to do with the pricing structure at the IAW it will be their responsibility to pass the uplift in cost onto the customer! To date the IAW haven't done that which probably explains why there's been a large increase! We operate a private bar at our sports club and the biggest increase per barrel came this year... what we would normally do is increase 10-20p per year on the cost of a pint unless our costs remained the same. Whilst a £1 uplift seems steap, it only brings them in line with what other sports venues are charging and the IAW needs to start turning a profit.

Jonesy83

So last year you had foster and Heineken this year you have a choice of 4 lagers and you can’t tell me Heineken is better than Staroprahmen
Personally I would take Heineken over Stropahmen any day of the week, especially the extra cold Heineken in the main bar. I don’t dislike Staroprahmen, but for £5 a pint over a £3.50 pint of Heineken, absolutely no chance.

Don’t even get me started on the on piss they class as lager called Carling.

Wannabe2

See this is where we all differ, just like some like bitter, some lager, some Guinness, I would take Carling everyday of the week over Heineken which I think is poor. Staropramen I think is a very nice drink, and better than them both.

DevilDom

So last year you had foster and Heineken this year you have a choice of 4 lagers and you can’t tell me Heineken is better than Staroprahmen
I would have Heineken above most lagers. Carling and Coors are crap and although Staropraham is ok, at £5 a pint I'll probably give it a miss. As a consumer I believe that's still my choice!

I would have Heineken above most lagers. Carling and Coors are crap and although Staropraham is ok, at £5 a pint I'll probably give it a miss. As a consumer I believe that's still my choice!
Of course it’s your choice but remember this deal isn’t just about beer it’s about supporting the team and the arena which unfortunately the previous supplier just was not doing ,So what beers in the Molson Coors Portfolio would you like to see ? Blue Moon, Molson Canadien, Grolsch, Cobra, sharps Pilsner the list is expansive

pjj365

For old times sake I'd love to see Allbright or Hancocks but can see limited appeal to keep even the smallest barrel fit to serve from week to week

Wannabe2

I am quite partial to Estrelle and Amstel, most Real Ales, love Guinness and have a bit of a thing for a good red wine.
I ain’t drinking anymore, I ain’t drinking any less, but I ain’t drinking anymore.

Devils86

Of course it’s your choice but remember this deal isn’t just about beer it’s about supporting the team and the arena which unfortunately the previous supplier just was not doing ,So what beers in the Molson Coors Portfolio would you like to see ? Blue Moon, Molson Canadien, Grolsch, Cobra, sharps Pilsner the list is expansive
Must say I’ve never seen Cobra on draught before.

Vartel

Personally i would love to see Blue Moon and Grolsch as they are two of my favourite beers, but in a little bar like IAW i can understand them not stocking those two. I am happy with Coors and whilst not happy with the price increase, i can understand it. I will probably just have one pint less each game, save money, calories and still enjoy the experience!

zoesdevil

It’s nothing to do with the suppliers, as a brewer we cannot tell a customer what to sell their beer at. This pricing structure has nothing to do with Molson Coors
I was just suggesting it perhaps because the suppliers prices had gone up, so the Devils pass on that increase by increasing the price the customers pay. I didn't say the suppliers told them to put their prices up!!!

zoesdevil

The price per barrel for beer has gone up significantly over the last few years... whilst the suppliers won't have anything to do with the pricing structure at the IAW it will be their responsibility to pass the uplift in cost onto the customer! To date the IAW haven't done that which probably explains why there's been a large increase! We operate a private bar at our sports club and the biggest increase per barrel came this year... what we would normally do is increase 10-20p per year on the cost of a pint unless our costs remained the same. Whilst a £1 uplift seems steap, it only brings them in line with what other sports venues are charging and the IAW needs to start turning a profit.
Yes this is what I was saying, that the suppliers price is higher & the Devils have no choice but to pass on the extra cost, they can't absorb all price increases or won't make any profit.

Yes this is what I was saying, that the suppliers price is higher & the Devils have no choice but to pass on the extra cost, they can't absorb all price increases or won't make any profit.
Think about it why would the Devils move supplier for a worse deal ?, issue is exactly as Havehope said over the 3 year deal with Heineken the brewer has put the beer prices up every year. The Molson deal will be better than the previous but the management have to play catch up with the fact nothing has changed price wise in 3 years. So in essence have absorbed 3 increases and are falling in line.

kingmo19.1

For me:-

1. Staropramen - the Cardiff Devils of lager, has depth and a satisfying taste on the palette.

2. Heineken - the Sheffield Steelers of lager, not bad but can disappoint sometimes sand not as good as it was.

3. Carling - The Fife Flyers of lager, pretty good, but lacks a bit of strength and depth.

4. Cools Light - The MK Dons of lager, tries hard but it never really comes together.