Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2018/2019

ASHIPP

Nottingham look to be signing a powerhouse team next season. I expect them to be real contenders - the league next year looks like it will be far more exciting to watch and more competitive than last season.
On the Cage, their fans are already moaning that their forwards group might be short on goals.

But there is no doubt the Panthers are going to be a challenge to play against - aggressive, powerful style and a hulking defence corps.

Nottingham look to be signing a powerhouse team next season. I expect them to be real contenders - the league next year looks like it will be far more exciting to watch and more competitive than last season.
There are some (low in number but high in volume) who are moaning that we're not going to be anywhere near a contending team, they can't see any obvious goalscorers. Like stats from other leagues are a reliable indication of likely effectiveness in our league... <shakes head wearily>
We DO appear to be looking like a physical team... hard-hitting, quite defensively-minded. That I don't mind... apart from fast skating, slick passing and good goalscoring, there's nothing I like to see more than a game full of good hard CLEAN hits. If we can combine the physicality with decent discipline and can prove the naysayers wrong on the goal tallies... it could be one hell of a season! Coventry look like they could be physical, you lot are never pushovers... could get interesting.

BostonBart22

Lots of fans said the same last season that panthers would sweep the board , and they did start well only to fizzle out...

Ocko

Forget the fact he’s a first rounder and he isn’t the great signing the press release makes out. Toronto were laughed at for this pick and he turned out to be a dud. I think the Panthers look very average. No mobility, too much size. On Olympic ice they’ll look lost. Pither, Perlini and Rheaul will have a lot of scoring burden on their shoulders as there won’t be great points outside of those 3.

kingmo19.1

Forget the fact he’s a first rounder and he isn’t the great signing the press release makes out. Toronto were laughed at for this pick and he turned out to be a dud. I think the Panthers look very average. No mobility, too much size. On Olympic ice they’ll look lost. Pither, Perlini and Rheaul will have a lot of scoring burden on their shoulders as there won’t be great points outside of those 3.
They remind me of Braehead about 3 years ago.