Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

terry hunt

It could not be Rob Davison could it at 38 ?
Former Cardiff Devil, recently retired and now an assistant coach with the Marlies.
Distinguished career with San Jose and in Europe, fine Dman when he was with us.

Talking to a family friend in Utica last week was told a Comets/Canucks player from last seasons roster was Europe bound. He was unable to confirm as the Comets roster for next season will only be filled after Canucks finalise their roster although interesting the Comets have signed players from their ECHL affiliates the Kalamazzo Wings and Wheeling Nailers which does suggest some AHL veterans have been released or jumped ship.

PS

If you thought it was hot in Cardiff you should have been in Utica where it was 43C

Adam Comrie (D) has been tranfereed to Flagerfurter in EBEL from Utica Comets. The two way D man with 302 AHL games & 46 goals would have fitted the bill for Devils.

Maybe Stevie Lyle can have a word with is old foe Robert Esche (Comets owner) if the have a spare D for us

Devil_Abroad

Getting down to crunch time now on player announcements. We will carry an extra forward due to the number and intensity of the games this year so two more forwards to be announced and three Dmen. Shockingly I haven’t seen a single correct guys at any of the new players that are left. Come on, Inferno...you’re better than this! You guys usually circle like sharks at this time of the year.
How about

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/18619/brandon-mashinter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Talking to a family friend in Utica last week was told a Comets/Canucks player from last seasons roster was Europe bound. He was unable to confirm as the Comets roster for next season will only be filled after Canucks finalise their roster although interesting the Comets have signed players from their ECHL affiliates the Kalamazzo Wings and Wheeling Nailers which does suggest some AHL veterans have been released or jumped ship.

PS

If you thought it was hot in Cardiff you should have been in Utica where it was 43C
An Uncle of mine is buried there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jenks33

That’s a good shout. I think you could be right with that guess. His cousin is ex NHLer Carlo Colaiacovo who played in the DEL last season but hasn’t signed with anybody for 18/19 yet. I’d certainly be happy with those two signings

ASHIPP

Hunter Smith ?
Noah hanafin ?
Hunter Shinkaruk ?

This is aiming very high. Hanafin just traded to Calgary Flames from Carolina Hurricanes. Shinkaruk plays for Stockton and regularly called up to Calgary. Hunter Smith did play for Stockton....was he sent down to the ECHL affiliate team?

Getting down to crunch time now on player announcements. We will carry an extra forward due to the number and intensity of the games this year so two more forwards to be announced and three Dmen. Shockingly I haven’t seen a single correct guys at any of the new players that are left. Come on, Inferno...you’re better than this! You guys usually circle like sharks at this time of the year.
I think he maybe referring to Syracuse Crunch

osh

This is aiming very high. Hanafin just traded to Calgary Flames from Carolina Hurricanes. Shinkaruk plays for Stockton and regularly called up to Calgary. Hunter Smith did play for Stockton....was he sent down to the ECHL affiliate team?
Sorry ASHIPP, It was simply a play on words based on Steve King’s quote “circle like sharks”, hence Hunter Smith, Hunter Shinkaruk, HanaFIN, Mathew FINN etc. Who knows though eh ?

ASHIPP

Sorry ASHIPP, It was simply a play on words based on Steve King’s quote “circle like sharks”, hence Hunter Smith, Hunter Shinkaruk, HanaFIN, Mathew FINN etc. Who knows though eh ?
I bow to superior intellect! I like those connections....now I can see them!