Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

CaldicotDevil

Is that based on any evidence.....If so then everyone should be over the moon.
Myers and Faryna....quality team guys who work their socks off. Rutkis has huge potential.
Newbury....tough, agitating hardnose forward who can put up some good points.
If true then great newbie signing.
Can’t see it being Rutkis, he’d be on a two way contract this season and can’t see the owners announcing a 2 way contract. I reckon it’ll be Ulmer instead of Rutkis.

ASHIPP

I think one announcement will be the return of our Calgary/Alberta related imports (Faryna, Louis, Ulmer)....and the first of our new players. He might even be at the Summit!

bb1

As of now Newbury hasn't yet signed with them. Not sure of the current situation atm. The Penguins have increased their budget to 4.5m euros this season so they may decide to upgrade certain players etc...

Last edited:

Temme

I love being proved right :)
Going off Hotham's DEL production -
and more recently and as a forward Dane Byers of Manchester's DEL form,

it's not wrong to think that Hedden has the potential to be the best forward we've seen in the league for a number of years.

Byers put up 12 points in 56 games in the DEL - comes over here immediately after and puts up a 78 point season.

Hedden played DEL last year - in 52 games he added 31 points.
Now i'm sure someone far more intelligent than me can work out what that would equate to; however with Martin and Hedden together (not forgetting Pope) i have a feeling we will see our top unit break 100 points each.
Martin managed 94 points (EIHL, not included CHL...) last year.

Obviously injuries could factor in, but 40+goals 50+ assists for Hedden looks genuinely realistic, absolutely breathtaking signing and a guy i can't wait to see on the ice.

Not to overshadow them, but Myers, Faryna, Ulmer returning is pretty bad news for the rest of the league also.

bb1

So what are the thoughts on our other import slots?

Do we sign a 4th line banger who could also put up some points when needed?
D men.....A skilled offensive d man and a stay at home big blueliner with a boomer from the point?.....

Wannabe2

So what are the thoughts on our other import slots?

Do we sign a 4th line banger who could also put up some points when needed?
D men.....A skilled offensive d man and a stay at home big blueliner with a boomer from the point?.....
Yes please.

Ocko

There won’t be a 4th line banger.

Our 4th line is Moore, Batch and Myers. Even if you move Myers up to 3rd it’s very unlikely a physical player will be a centre.

Wannabe2

There won’t be a 4th line banger.

Our 4th line is Moore, Batch and Myers. Even if you move Myers up to 3rd it’s very unlikely a physical player will be a centre.
Correct and Batchy will be our banger this season, I think Josh will have a great season.

Rob Batch

I hope they can find a way to convince Strachan to return. Unlikely but you never know. Hotham's replacement will be key, obviously, I imagine Lordo already has someone in the 'bag'. Good news to have so many quality returnees, speaks volumes about the club.

Devil_Abroad

I hope they can find a way to convince Strachan to return. Unlikely but you never know. Hotham's replacement will be key, obviously, I imagine Lordo already has someone in the 'bag'. Good news to have so many quality returnees, speaks volumes about the club.
Hotham was in a sane - if they find anyone close to Hotham it will be incredible. If Strachan doesn’t return (with Reddick a shoe in and Louis likely too) then I guess they will try and find 2 big D men that can play PP/PK and get points like Fournier i.e. share the loss of Hotham

Looks like Crowder and Asselin not returning so one more top quality Centre for 2nd line and our team would look like this;

Bowns / Murdy

Louis / Fournier
Reddick / Import
Richardson /Import

Hedden / Martin / Pope
Bentivoglio / Import / Haddad
Morissette / Ulmer / Faryna
Moore / Myers / Batch

Rutkiss / a.n.other (possibly Buessa?)

Close Steve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably me talking rubbish here, but wouldn't you rather split Hedden & Martin up to have 1 Sniper, 1 pass-first guy and 1 puck-retaining forward on the top 2 lines?

e.g.
Pope- Martin - Haddad
Bentivoglio - Hedded - (Import/Ulmer)

Devil_Abroad

Probably me talking rubbish here, but wouldn't you rather split Hedden & Martin up to have 1 Sniper, 1 pass-first guy and 1 puck-retaining forward on the top 2 lines?

e.g.
Pope- Martin - Haddad
Bentivoglio - Hedded - (Import/Ulmer)
Who’s to say Hedden can’t retain the puck in the corners - I’m sure someone said he was great in the corners [emoji3]

Thing I like about this team is the insane number of combinations Lord can put out. As shown last season the guys returning are able to play up and down the lines as and when required. The calibre of Heden and no doubt the new centre when announced will just add to that mix.

The most interesting thing will be the 2 new D (if Strachan doesn’t return) and how Lord sets them up so that we don’t notice the huge loss of Hotham. Tough one this but I’m sure Lord has a plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kingmo19.1

Wow, from reading the posts above we've also signed a further 2 players ….. Hedded and Heden. With HEDDEN also joining it's going to be mighty confusing eh !!!!