Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

bb1

I see people are being asked on twitter about Devils all time ‘greats’ of the EIHL era, no mention of Weller ( apologies if I missed his name being mentioned )
Never mind the Devils best players of the EIHL era, Weller would have made it into an all star best ever EIHL team without doubt. We were so fortunate to have him for that season, he made everything look so easy and he even looked good when he returned as a guest years later . A Devils ‘legend’ if ever there was one in my opinion despite only being with us for part of one season.
The reason for him not being mentioned imo is likely because the majority of our 'newbie' fans never knew who Voth was let alone Weller!

Weller wasn't here long enough to be a great.. Surely classing a player as a great means a minimum of 3 years otherwise the list will be really long.

Wannabe2

Weller wasn't here long enough to be a great.. Surely classing a player as a great means a minimum of 3 years otherwise the list will be really long.
Deaf Dumb or Blind, you would have to be all 3 if you didn’t see Weller as a great player. You must be all 3 unfortunately. Weller was pure class beyond any doubt. So carry on with your unbelievable views, so glad your a one off, Thank goodness.

august04

Weller still looked a cut above everyone else at the Matzka game, just like he was when he played here. I couldn’t care less how long he was in Cardiff, he was one of the greatest players I’ve ever seen play for the Devils.

Wannabe. Weller was one of the best players we have had so calm and collected on the Puck and tough as they came.
I have not once said he wasn't a great so shut up.

I said to be classed as a devil's great he would have to play more than one season.

You cant class him as a devil's great after one year can you?

Are you blind??

E.D.S.

A great, the best ever, the GOAT, your favourite.... it’s all personal opinion. your GOAT or favourite player will be different to mine. Weller was different class in my view. A truly great player. It’s all about personal opinion. No dramas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocko

Deaf Dumb or Blind, you would have to be all 3 if you didn’t see Weller as a great player. You must be all 3 unfortunately. Weller was pure class beyond any doubt. So carry on with your unbelievable views, so glad your a one off, Thank goodness.
It’s his opinion.

Which I sort of agree with. For ability and impact Weller is right near the top. But I can think of at least a dozen, maybe two dozen, who deserve the title ‘great’ above him. He was only here for one season and to be considered a great takes more than that.

Wannabe2

Wannabe. Weller was one of the best players we have had so calm and collected on the Puck and tough as they came.
I have not once said he wasn't a great so shut up.

I said to be classed as a devil's great he would have to play more than one season.

You cant class him as a devil's great after one year can you?

Are you blind??
Don’t ever tell me to shut up, this is a forum and I will speak as I find, you said he wasn’t here long enough to be a great , your words not mine, try reading your own posts mate. DUH.

Brett Gallant would be a huge waste of an Import slot. Any player that can go multiple seasons without scoring a single point in 50 odd games, should stay well away lol...

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk