Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2018/2019

Devil94

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...two-more-belfast-giants-players-37030560.html

Same place the whistle news broke I believe. Doesn't look to have been confirmed by anyone though. I don't think the steelers have refuted it, just look to have thrown their toys out of their pram again because the press released the news before they did.
They have done that to other clubs plenty of times over the years.... funny how they react when the shoe is on the other foot.

Ocko

I just can't see why Sheffield would be interested in Martinelli after shipping Fitzy off to Braehead. Seems an odd move to me.
Disagree. Take away the fighting and Martinelli is twice the player for me. Technically he is an excellent stay at home D man and I'd say one of the best in the league. Baffles me how people don't rate him. That was a very good Belfast team yet he lead the team in blocked shots, plus minus and hits, and won team MVP.

But yeah a washed up enforcer, who can't be controlled and spent a lot of last season as a healthy scratch and then shifted to a 4th line forward and then unwanted by a top team, ending up at a team who finished outside of the playoffs is better.

Wannabe2

Your opinion mate, same as mine is mine. We all see things through different eyes, I would take Fitzgerald over Martinelli 3 times on a Sunday. Martinelli just don’t do it for me.

Disagree. Take away the fighting and Martinelli is twice the player for me. Technically he is an excellent stay at home D man and I'd say one of the best in the league. Baffles me how people don't rate him. That was a very good Belfast team yet he lead the team in blocked shots, plus minus and hits, and won team MVP.

But yeah a washed up enforcer, who can't be controlled and spent a lot of last season as a healthy scratch and then shifted to a 4th line forward and then unwanted by a top team, ending up at a team who finished outside of the playoffs is better.
I didn't say that either was better than the other. My point was that I can't see why the Steelers would be interested in a guy like Marti when they shipped Fitzy off. I assumed they were looking to instead go for a guy of a different mould to Fitzy - not the same.

Wagstaff

Your opinion mate, same as mine is mine. We all see things through different eyes, I would take Fitzgerald over Martinelli 3 times on a Sunday. Martinelli just don’t do it for me.
From what I’ve seen of Martinelli, I’m with you Wannabe, last time I saw him here, he was dirty, sly and ineffective, our boys ran rings round him!

Wannabe2

Wow that’s a surprise, didn’t see that one coming. Really pleased on this signing, wonder if Raine will follow him?????. So from a defence that leaked 200 goals last season, 3 are on their way to Steelers, Thommo recruitment at its best.

Solelace u said u love martinelli and would have him at the devil's.
Now your questioning steelers signing him.
He's garbage
You lot are mental. All I said was I can't see why the steelers were interested in him, because I thought they would go in a different direction after shipping out fitzy.

I never said I thought he was a bad player and that the steelers shouldn't have signed him *facepalm.

Get a grip.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Wow that’s a surprise, didn’t see that one coming. Really pleased on this signing, wonder if Raine will follow him?????. So from a defence that leaked 200 goals last season, 3 are on their way to Steelers, Thommo recruitment at its best.
But part of a defence the season before who were one of the best of the league. You could argue Thompson has done well to not do what you have and looked past one below average season where a rookie coach couldn't coach D. As a former D man it away bugs me that defensive stats lie with D men. You defend as a unit.

Temme

Fitzgerald is the better player for me.

All comes down to Martinelli's placement at Shuff.

Both played top 4 minutes all year last year(*) with Martinelli on the Giants top line(**)

If Martinelli is playing 3rd pairing for Sheffield then it's a good signing.

I've likened this to Noble in the past - not a horrible D man, but logging top line minutes in Coventry makes him look very poor.
He fits in most rosters in my opinion just not playing those sort of minutes or against top line players every shift.

(*)may not be true, i cba to check
(**) also may not be true, i still cba to check though.