SEASON TICKETS..

Wannabe2

I don’t agree, our Rink was very full last season, and people are going to make sure they have the best seats available, also being the reigning champions, and knowing we will have a great team again this season, I think they will go very quick. That’s my take anyway.

Temme

I don’t agree, our Rink was very full last season, and people are going to make sure they have the best seats available, also being the reigning champions, and knowing we will have a great team again this season, I think they will go very quick. That’s my take anyway.
Yeah i agree with this point of view also, makes more sense.

Mine is more bound on frustration that the club are silent.
I know obviously the work is being done in the background which is what counts but it's impossible to be hyped when we don't know anything!

Wannabe2

Understand the take on that, it’s so quite it’s untrue, just hope it’s due to making some awesome signings that needs keeping under wraps at the moment. It wouldn’t surprise me if we have signed our entire squad, but are waiting for the appropriate time to drip feed it.

matbur

Understand the take on that, it’s so quite it’s untrue, just hope it’s due to making some awesome signings that needs keeping under wraps at the moment. It wouldn’t surprise me if we have signed our entire squad, but are waiting for the appropriate time to drip feed it.
I spoke to TK about this last week, there's at least another three of last year's team signed who are yet to be announced.

Kevlar68

I agree, just because its seemed quiet on the signings front doesn't mean there hasn't been any.

Earnie

With regard to additional season tickets next season I feel sure there will be additional numbers. However the club's desire to increase the numbers is not necessarily huge for why sell seats at a discount price when you can fill them at full price?

Ocko

With regard to additional season tickets next season I feel sure there will be additional numbers. However the club's desire to increase the numbers is not necessarily huge for why sell seats at a discount price when you can fill them at full price?
Which is exactly the issue that was highlighted by people who said the rink was built too small. The Devils can afford to be lazy with promotion and can afford to not offer deals or increase prices knowing the demand is there and will sell out anyway.

It always upset people who were defensive about IAW but it's true.

ASHIPP

What does suprise me is the delay in advertising and issuing tickets for the pre-season games and home CHL games. There is a demand and, however big or small would provide another income stream to the Club.

As for season tickets, a couple of new or big returnee signings at this point would surely boost income. Is the Club mindful of the possibility that some fans may be weighing up commiting to Cardiff City next season with their premiership promotion? Many people will not be able to afford season tickets for two sports.

Hope Strachan, Faryna and Louis are also amongst the next few player announcements.

From what I have heard the season tickets were up considerably from last year with the club expecting to have to say no more new applicants after a certain date due to us hitting the limit of season tickets we are allowed to sell but I have not heard anything on this for a number of months and the club haven’t announced anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjj365

From what I have heard the season tickets were up considerably from last year with the club expecting to have to say no more new applicants after a certain date due to us hitting the limit of season tickets we are allowed to sell but I have not heard anything on this for a number of months and the club haven’t announced anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I doubt there are restrictions on how many we are "allowed to sell"

But to grow the club and build for the future it would make no sense to overly limit the availability of a reasonable number of walk ups. So I suspect there is a self imposed limit on ST sales

Finny

Yeah i agree with this point of view also, makes more sense.

Mine is more bound on frustration that the club are silent.
I know obviously the work is being done in the background which is what counts but it's impossible to be hyped when we don't know anything!
One season we announced all our signings early, and then people complained for the last month of the season that there was nothing left to get excited about.

The season is still two months away. Am I the only one who is enjoying the off-season?

terry hunt

I fully agree with this. I'm not a season ticket holder due to work etc (watch at home if I cant attend) but when I do want to go, I struggle to get tickets and it's quite annoying because I know that there are loads of kids running about, playing on consoles or just in my opinion wasting tickets. I know some parents have to take them but really?

And on the other hand there are also those whom I've sat next to and throughout the game drank lager like it's going out of fashion and took loads of selfies to post on social media because "Ice hockey is cool now" .

Quite annoying.
You sound a bit like me Ben.
You must be an old git also

Temme

One season we announced all our signings early, and then people complained for the last month of the season that there was nothing left to get excited about.

The season is still two months away. Am I the only one who is enjoying the off-season?
I'm having to fake an interest in other sports to make conversation with colleagues. so no, no i am not!

pjj365

I'm having to fake an interest in other sports to make conversation with colleagues. so no, no i am not!
This is me!

But many moons ago when I started work in customer service I was given a tip. Read the football headlines on the back page of the papers.Then raise it in conversation - "did you see....." Then sit back and let the customer get on with it - an occasional nod or neutral comment helps

Yes it's faking an interest but not too painful

wildthing74

Nope me too. Off season gets shorter and shorter! Enjoy the stress free summer as it's hard work fighting it out for titles.My heart,BP & sleep patterns probably love off season too.

I'm a new S/T holder but not a newbie supporter, been going since 1986 but due to shift work and family commitments have never had the time or money to commit for a S/T, so that's one more you can add on. Good point about the City as well, some people are floaters when it comes to sport and the opportunity to see football's big guns may influence their decision.