Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Kal

If we concede alot with Hotham on the ice then as its his partner that would mean we concede nearly as much with Richie on the ice who generates alot less points so by the numbers is one of our worst D men? I dont think that pair concede anywhere near what people seem to think they do. IIRC we were 2nd overall for least goals conceded? D can't be that bad.

jimmy snels

i used hotham as the example as a rate him highly by the way. im just saying i believe stats only show certain aspects not all that goes on so in them alone people cant judge

You say players have gone, as if it’s a fact, then you say if it’s true. Now if we have lost Hotham and Strachan then that’s a big blow, but remember Hotham is usually the last to sign, Louis has a young lady in Cardiff, and I believe Fournier will be back, but that’s not fact. If we lose very good players, at least we know we will replace them with very good players.I heard and believe Cardiff was inundated with players requests to play here, and if they have any sense, that’s exactly what they should want to do.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
I can tell you that Hotham will not be back and that's a fact. When that will be announced, i'm not sure . A little less sure of Strachan but sources tell me he's not coming back either. I can't comment on Louis and Fournier

pjj365

So glad we don't get +/- so meaningless
Poor D on a shut out gets no minus points but you have a busy nettie
Good D on a lost game have lots of ice time because the opposition is so good rack up minuses
Help me out - what does this tell us!
As jimmy snels says there's more to it than stats and we know Lordo takes work ethic, character,etc. into account
If recruiting was restricted to stats and playing history only then the NHL combine would not focus so much on interviews and fitness testing

Devil_Abroad

Yowzer, goes into the kitchen and does the dishes in order to hide........

To me, looking at his ‘numbers’ his last 5 years progressively gets worse; numbers aren’t everything but they are a guide.

I don’t have any other insight on him neither as to his general skill level nor his character both on and off the ice; something that for Lord would be high in priority

Reddick is not going anywhere; that’s a fact according to Todd Kelman late last year. He is here for the long term

The D we already have as no other than Paris has been announced as leaving but granted they may yet leave, to me are all good enough to remain another season.

If indeed Hotham and/or Strachan are leaving then I;m sorry but to me Plante is not an upgrade

I hope I’m now allowed to leave the kitchen a the dishes have been washed, dried and put away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

To me, looking at his ‘numbers’ his last 5 years progressively gets worse; numbers aren’t everything but they are a guide.

I don’t have any other insight on him neither as to his general skill level nor his character both on and off the ice; something that for Lord would be high in priority

Reddick is not going anywhere; that’s a fact according to Todd Kelman late last year. He is here for the long term

The D we already have as no other than Paris has been announced as leaving but granted they may yet leave, to me are all good enough to remain another season.

If indeed Hotham and/or Strachan are leaving then I;m sorry but to me Plante is not an upgrade

I hope I’m now allowed to leave the kitchen a the dishes have been washed, dried and put away

You're welcome at mine any time
I'll wash, you can dry and we can debate over a brew!!

dave

So glad we don't get +/- so meaningless
Poor D on a shut out gets no minus points but you have a busy nettie
Good D on a lost game have lots of ice time because the opposition is so good rack up minuses
Help me out - what does this tell us!
As jimmy snels says there's more to it than stats and we know Lordo takes work ethic, character,etc. into account
If recruiting was restricted to stats and playing history only then the NHL combine would not focus so much on interviews and fitness testing
In isolation not a lot as for reasons given but analytics has moved on from just simple + - It is still recorded as part of a bigger picture that uses other metrics like Corsi, Shot mapping, TOI and a couple of other system based metrics like zone exit/entry success ........ Corsi out weighs +-

Wannabe2

Well Dave you got me there, you could be talking Swahili for all I know. Think I better get back to the rumour thread, it sure is easier there.

When Reddick was signed I can remember an interview with either Lordo or TK stating Reddick was here to improve and move onto bigger and better things. Hopefully this isn't the case and the UK experience was enough to realize he wants to remain with the club next season. IMO Hotham and Strachan need to stay, I cant see any D men coming in and replacing Hotham. He's the full package in this league and we'd be silly not to try and get him to stay for another season, even if his intentions are to retire. Strachan on the other hand is an immense leader he came in and sured up our D and from that point the rest of the season is history, everything started to go right from that point. You could call this a masterclass from Lord, TK and the ownership getting this guy in after the start of the season and him making an instant impact upon the guys and on the ice. Slate me for it, but if Captain Mo calls it a day Strachan could slip into his shoes no problem, even with only playing 3/4 of the season. There's then the stigma of maybe one of the guys who wore the A last year should be stepping up but thats a debate for a different time.

Temme

IMO Hotham and Strachan need to stay, I cant see any D men coming in and replacing Hotham. He's the full package in this league and we'd be silly not to try and get him to stay for another season, even if his intentions are to retire.
YOU JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING DIDN'T YOU!!!!!!

In all seriousness; gutted Hotham has gone, we did not deserve a player of his calibre let alone for 4 seasons.

Victor Bartley to come in as replacement is my guess, as he's just left his SHL club and we must have big budget left with Hoth not returning. - https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/9342/victor-bartley

august04

When Reddick was signed I can remember an interview with either Lordo or TK stating Reddick was here to improve and move onto bigger and better things. Hopefully this isn't the case and the UK experience was enough to realize he wants to remain with the club next season. IMO Hotham and Strachan need to stay, I cant see any D men coming in and replacing Hotham. He's the full package in this league and we'd be silly not to try and get him to stay for another season, even if his intentions are to retire. Strachan on the other hand is an immense leader he came in and sured up our D and from that point the rest of the season is history, everything started to go right from that point. You could call this a masterclass from Lord, TK and the ownership getting this guy in after the start of the season and him making an instant impact upon the guys and on the ice. Slate me for it, but if Captain Mo calls it a day Strachan could slip into his shoes no problem, even with only playing 3/4 of the season. There's then the stigma of maybe one of the guys who wore the A last year should be stepping up but thats a debate for a different time.
Reddick moving on to bigger and better things?!
He’s not going to get a better gig than us in Europe. I realise I’m in a minority on here but if I was looking for upgrades, he’d be at the top of my list. I also realise I’m not the coach either!

Reddick moving on to bigger and better things?!
He’s not going to get a better gig than us in Europe. I realise I’m in a minority on here but if I was looking for upgrades, he’d be at the top of my list. I also realise I’m not the coach either!
Bit lose when he came in at the start of the season but was solid after Strachan turned up. We are all entitled to our own opinion but if Reddick starts next season like he finished the last id be happy to have him on the roster.

In all seriousness; gutted Hotham has gone, we did not deserve a player of his calibre let alone for 4 seasons.

Victor Bartley to come in as replacement is my guess, as he's just left his SHL club and we must have big budget left with Hoth not returning. - https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/9342/victor-bartley
If we could get Carl Ackered from flames that would be a solid replacement. I appreciate Hoth posted amazing stats every season at the devils, It would be nice to see what Ackered could do if he's given a chance on our roster.

Temme

If we could get Carl Ackered from flames that would be a solid replacement. I appreciate Hoth posted amazing stats every season at the devils, It would be nice to see what Ackered could do if he's given a chance on our roster.
Ackered was heavily reliant on his powerplay scoring. He had a big point shot but Jesse Craige was the stud on that D line, although both were extremely good D men.

CaldicotDevil

I don’t think it’ll be Ackered, Think he’ll be Steelers bound as Ben O’Connor’s replacement. I think the devils will wait a few days to let him get all the praise and compliments he truly deserves. Then Friday a classic out of nowhere Steve King ultra signing to calm everyone’s nerves.

Devil_Abroad

15/16 looks a mess - unsettled? Injury? Then off a whole year

Devil_Abroad

Ackered gives us the points and speed - but we lose the grit?

Devil_Abroad

I don’t think it’ll be Ackered, Think he’ll be Steelers bound as Ben O’Connor’s replacement. I think the devils will wait a few days to let him get all the praise and compliments he truly deserves. Then Friday a classic out of nowhere Steve King ultra signing to calm everyone’s nerves.
I think they will find it very hard to replace Hotham in one guy - did absolutely everything - even filled the water bottles.....