Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Did anyone actually pay attention to Gagnon's game aside from his ability to wildly fling off-target haymakers?!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Looks like Nottingham are going your route. Team toughness, a few big bodies who can play and handle themselves. We all know Keefe will build a tough team, just hope we go that way too now Fitzgerald has gone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did anyone actually pay attention to Gagnon's game aside from his ability to wildly fling off-target haymakers?!

Yes soleace and he’s a no nonsense d man who protects his goalie better than anyone.
Dare any player runs bowns when he is out there and they will pay.. unlike last season when steelers got away with it against us.

august04

I’d be happy to have Gagnon here. He’s a decent enough defenceman, as tough as they come in this league, and as important, actually willing to fight and defend his team whenever needed. Let’s be honest, on pure defensive ability alone, he’s as good as, if not better than Paris - then throw in size and toughness and he’ll do for me.

Last edited:

RedDevil17

Would absolutely love Gagnon here and I’d have had Doty here too. Both can play and are both tough. Doty is a great signing for panthers and I’m not sure why panthers fans are moaning. Gagnon however is the toughest in the league by a long shot and he’d actually react to bad hits unlike the rest of the team! He’s a good player and can play as a forward too. Teams would fear us and we’d actually have so called ‘team toughness’. It’s an added bonus that Moore is back too. Great work ethic, great 4th liner and can play D too plus the added fact he’s an under 23. If Gags came I’d be well happy. He’d be a Fan favourite for sure

CaldicotDevil

We did win 3 cups and we had toughness in Strachan, Hotham and Faryna but these guys are too good to sit 5 minutes for fighting or risk getting injured. Gagnon gives the team a bit of insurance without being an out and out goon.

Last edited:
People have been saying that other teams are following our example yet Nottingham have signed an enforcer to replace another enforcer so obviously they feel that their team still needs one.

ASHIPP

Loved Gagnon last year - full of character, no-nonesense toughness and actually a pretty decent defenceman. Loved by Panthers' fans

Am sure Lordo and TK will be mindful of added toughness on other teams this season. With the potential of one or two of our own players moving on, I've got no doubt they will have this aspect of our team ethic planned for.

Wannabe2

Would absolutely love Gagnon here and I’d have had Doty here too. Both can play and are both tough. Doty is a great signing for panthers and I’m not sure why panthers fans are moaning. Gagnon however is the toughest in the league by a long shot and he’d actually react to bad hits unlike the rest of the team! He’s a good player and can play as a forward too. Teams would fear us and we’d actually have so called ‘team toughness’. It’s an added bonus that Moore is back too. Great work ethic, great 4th liner and can play D too plus the added fact he’s an under 23. If Gags came I’d be well happy. He’d be a Fan favourite for sure
I wouldn’t sign Doty in a month of Sunday’s, he ain’t good enough for our team, possibly Gagnon as he can play as well as being one tough hombre. It’s a waiting game now, but one things for sure, we will have a team to be proud of. Every time I have had my doubts, this club has made me eat humble pie, so it’s time to go with the Flow as we have had two seasons of pure joy, and it won’t stop now.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

RedDevil17

That’s even a worse call, we are the league champions, why would you sign Martinelli, very very average player. Big guy but that’s all. 4 goals in 103 games, no thanks.
You’re not an ‘average player ‘ if you’ve won a challenge cup, played in both EBEL and Norway. You’re forgetting the assists and his overall defensive play. He caused us a lot of problems last year especially in the cup final. He’s a 6’5, big mean SOB D man who can put up a decent amount of points and has experience in some good leagues, he hits, fights, he’s a good agitator who does his job/role very well. What more would you want from a defensive Defenceman? Martinelli’s role is to be a solid D man. It’s not like Paris was any better anyway. Paris was decent don’t get me wrong and did well at the end of the season but he not the best. We could use a martinelli type player. As for Doty, 35 points in 51 games as a 3rd liner fighter/Power Forward is really ‘garbage’ isn’t it?! He duffed up Rosehill, battered Nickerson and lost to Gagnon (what can you expect against Gags) Why wouldn’t you want Gagnon on your team? Toughest player in the league and a good D man who won’t take no crap from anyone. Just the type of player we need.

Last edited:

wildthing74

Doty is garbage and I'm stunned Panthers have signed him considering they probably have the biggest budget and don't really need to compromise on players.

I would take Gagnon he can play as well as serious toughness.Martinelli probably not a player than Belfast would let join a rival but even though he divides opinion I bet most fans would have him on their team as much as they hate him. Just like most players of his ilk you love them on your team and hate them when they play against you.

Doty is garbage and I'm stunned Panthers have signed him considering they probably have the biggest budget and don't really need to compromise on players.

I would take Gagnon he can play as well as serious toughness.Martinelli probably not a player than Belfast would let join a rival but even though he divides opinion I bet most fans would have him on their team as much as they hate him. Just like most players of his ilk you love them on your team and hate them when they play against you.
Belfast won't have a say in Martinelli's future if the price is right.

Also replying to a post above, he does hit and does agitate. Not so much fighting though, only had 3 in his 129 game EIHL career.

Vs:

Andrew Lord
Robert Farmer
Eric Neiley

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

august04

Martinelli wreaked havoc in the challenge Cup final and caused us all manner of problems... Maybe it's you that doesn't watch the game *cringe

I remember Martinelli playing well in the cup final, as did most of his teammates.
I wouldn’t want him here though. Gagnon though, it’s a no brainer “yes” for me!