Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2018/2019

Jonesy83

Do people really think, other teams don’t know who we’ve signed up already for next season?

For example if Bowns, Faryna & Ulmer have already signed, I’d be amazed if Sheffield / Nottingham etc didn’t know already.

Just like I’d be surprised if we didn’t know of players other teams have signed up already that have yet to be publicly announced.

Devil_Abroad

I like the fact we aren't showing our hand. It's actually more exciting for me.
Not sure I follow this logic - if we’re talking to players then yes. But once we’re signing them surely the EIHL know because of the paperwork involved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finny

Do people really think, other teams don’t know who we’ve signed up already for next season?

For example if Bowns, Faryna & Ulmer have already signed, I’d be amazed if Sheffield / Nottingham etc didn’t know already.

Just like I’d be surprised if we didn’t know of players other teams have signed up already that have yet to be publicly announced.
To an extent yes.
Other teams might have contacted some of our players to find out whether they’d be interested in a move, but it’s then up to the player/agent to say “sorry they’ve already got a contract for next year” or “sorry they’ve re-signed with Cardiff again”.
But they certainly won’t know all our returnees for next season. And far less likely to know our new signings.

Also, it may feel like we’re announcing signings slower than previous seasons, but we actually aren’t.

Last season by the end of May we’d announced three re-signings and one new signing (Moore).
We may also have confirmed that Richardson was on a 2 year deal.

Devil_Abroad

To an extent yes.
Other teams might have contacted some of our players to find out whether they’d be interested in a move, but it’s then up to the player/agent to say “sorry they’ve already got a contract for next year” or “sorry they’ve re-signed with Cardiff again”.
But they certainly won’t know all our returnees for next season. And far less likely to know our new signings.

Also, it may feel like we’re announcing signings slower than previous seasons, but we actually aren’t.

Last season by the end of May we’d announced three re-signings and one new signing (Moore).
We may also have confirmed that Richardson was on a 2 year deal.
Don’t we have to register the players with the league though?

I don’t mind the wait - the last 4 years’ evidence displays we’re in very good hands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

What a great signing this is, this guys pedigree is awesome, big guy who don’t take stupid penalties, and can obviously play. Looks a neat signing.

august04

What a great signing this is, this guys pedigree is awesome, big guy who don’t take stupid penalties, and can obviously play. Looks a neat signing.
A great signing. Nottingham look like they mean business again with this new coach. We’re going to need those upgrades where we can get them.

What a signing for the panthers. Big, smart D guy who can put up numbers in some of the best leagues. Not jealous at ALL

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Anyone with good authority would never mention it, this club is watertight at the moment, believe signings when the club announce it. Anything else to me is Chinese whispers. Good things come to those who wait.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
Agreed. I personally hear little rumours regarding us and that’s a credit to the club for being water tight as you say. I would hazard a guess only Kelman, Lord and Kemp are in the loop with players returning or new signings, for there respective reasons.

Anyone with good authority would never mention it, this club is watertight at the moment, believe signings when the club announce it. Anything else to me is Chinese whispers. Good things come to those who wait.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
Is it? The Dease story was common knowledge about 2 weeks before it was announced and the fact Jamie Elson was released 2 weeks ago and the story still isn't out proves things aren't as watertight as you may think.

Wannabe2

Is it? The Dease story was common knowledge about 2 weeks before it was announced and the fact Jamie Elson was released 2 weeks ago and the story still isn't out proves things aren't as watertight as you may think.
But they ain’t players, and the club don’t have to release anything about Dease, or Jamie if they wish not too.