Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Too add a rumour in... there appears to be a member of staff removed from the management page on the Devils website.

A new coaching set up to assist Lord. Mo? Piggott?

august04

At last the off season takes off

Step 1 -A rubbishes a player
Step 2 - B defends him and calls A out
Step 3 - repeat steps 1 & 2
Step 4 - others join in
Step 5 - sign said player
Step 6 - continue debate
Step 7 - switch to end of season
Step 8 - B says I told you he was good & A says I never said he wasn't

That's why I love the Inferno
Well it’s nice to see the Inferno wake up at last in this quiet, all too long off season! It must have been a good season, we’ve had very little slagging off of players and follow on debate. I disagree with the original posters comments re. Batch but I do think next season is a big one for him and he needs a good one to cement his position in our Brit pack. I’m sure there will be many others banging on the door and numbers are limited.

Maybe we are doing what we do best and planning for the future. Lordo will deservedly move on (hate thinking about It) and they are looking at establishing a management structure to develop in readiness for this. Incredibly proud of what we have achieved and I know that the owners, Todd and Lordo will do everything to ensure that we remain in the strongest position possible. The last few years has surpassed what most of us would have dreamt of and I can't wait for the season to start. Would like a signing or two though, love the anticipation and discussion before an announcment! We will hear when Lordo has things in place I'm sure, just patience is not one of my strong points!

So we think Montgomery will come in and take the asst coach role over Mo... who is Lord's best mate, at the end of his career, settled in Cardiff with a Welsh wife and wants to stay, who also coached extensively whilst injured over a rough connection to a guy who played a year or two with Lord years ago?

There's a reason Jamie has been replaced and it wouldn't be for a player assistant coach. Lord will want the support on the bench.

Devil94

Jake was superb last year though, I would be disappointed if he retired to the bench. Im sure thats where he'll end up eventually, but for me, he's definitely got at least one year left on the ice as our captain.

august04

I think both Lord and Mo could play another year if they really wanted to. Sometimes an opportunity arises that you just have to take and maybe this is that opportunity for Mo - to go into coaching at the top club in the UK and continue his hockey career down another path. Or play for another year or two and maybe lose this opportunity. It’s a tough one as you’re a long time retired but the timing could be right for him to end his playing career on a high, winning the league and playoffs and contributing greatly to that success. Personally, I think a Lord/Mo partnership really enhances our coaching setup - if it’s true of course!

ASHIPP

Being 'best mates' or 'settled in Cardiff' should have nothing to do with succession planning. If the Club is serious about success (which it undoubtedly is), the decision of who is appointed to support or to succeed Lordo hopefully will take into consideration experience/success at different levels and ability to do the job.

Would hope the Club have the good fortune of several candidates to consider for that position.

Last edited:
Electro is back!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk
Because I implied you were wrong? I most certainly am not Electro. Long time lurker on here, my son is on here too but I'll save his blushes. Maybe you're Electro because you seem to be petulant when it's mentioned you're wrong.

It doesn't take a genius to work out the coaching changes, Jamie's profile from the website hasn't fallen off for no reason and the rumour has been going around numerous groups of friends of mine.

Can asure you I am certainly not him/her but let's face it, in any profession or place of work, good succession planning is always based on the best available candidate.....common sense, is'nt it?
I didn't mean you, but the passive aggressive DaveSmith character.

Because I implied you were wrong? I most certainly am not Electro. Long time lurker on here, my son is on here too but I'll save his blushes. Maybe you're Electro because you seem to be petulant when it's mentioned you're wrong.

It doesn't take a genius to work out the coaching changes, Jamie's profile from the website hasn't fallen off for no reason and the rumour has been going around numerous groups of friends of mine.
... Its a rumour thread. I suspect the large majority of what is speculated in here has a strong probability of being wrong.

Maybe you know something for sure that I don't - if so, then great! Although I'd be sad to see Mo hang up his skates at this point.

Can't be Electro, he didn't take the opportunity to tell us how inexperienced and out of his depth Lordo is and he'll need a top experienced assistant if we're to win a 3rd title
But he is saying that a player coach is not the way forward, and that Mo needs to hang up his skates to be a proper assistant coach... He's changed his target