Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

jenks33

Mark and the Uni guys will still be knocking around while they tie up loose ends with their studies.
I’m not convinced we’ll see Louis here next season. It might just be me but I got the impression that Louis was frustrated last season and I think Lordo was frustrated with Mark at times. We’ll see tho

rocketbob

Both Louis and Strachan were in the rink shop last week just prior to doing their on-ice workouts, so keeping in shape at least. Would love to see them both back next year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

I’m not convinced we’ll see Louis here next season. It might just be me but I got the impression that Louis was frustrated last season and I think Lordo was frustrated with Mark at times. We’ll see tho
Mark was probably frustrated having to miss games due to injury. He is a team guy. Lordo was pleased to see the Louis/Fournier partnership reunited and firing - he said so several times.

Mark's partner is from here isn't she?

Temme

Mark was probably frustrated having to miss games due to injury. He is a team guy. Lordo was pleased to see the Louis/Fournier partnership reunited and firing - he said so several times.

Mark's partner is from here isn't she?
Yep, although that can work a number of ways unless she's settled.

I don't mean to get hyper personal with players and their lives, but she could be someone of the mentality of "Show me the world", or someone extremely settled in a very well paid job in Cardiff and not looking to move.

Again though, that's none of my business!

AAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH
The lack of information is driving me NUTS! I just wanna know what's going on! Other teams have signed a bunch of players and it's like having to watch everyone else open their Christmas presents one by one before us and we have to open them last!
Every day it gets worse. I wanna knowwwwwwwwww

Devils86

AAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH
The lack of information is driving me NUTS! I just wanna know what's going on! Other teams have signed a bunch of players and it's like having to watch everyone else open their Christmas presents one by one before us and we have to open them last!
Every day it gets worse. I wanna knowwwwwwwwww
I’ll quite happily wait - if only we could have a “we’ve signed players and waiting on some new faces, all is good don’t worry” kind of message from Lordo

RedDevil17

If Batch is staying then he better do a lot more than what he did last season. Barely threw a check and when he did they were little tiny pushes, for a 6’4 guy he’s nowhere near physical enough. Barely had a fight apart from Ronnberg and Kurtz (think that’s about it) and personally judging by the season he had last year I wouldn’t have had him back so he better step up to the plate. If we were to sign a Brit similar to Batch I’d take Swindlehurst for a D man. Batch is tough don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think he’s good enough and there’s far better brit options out there.

JC23

If Batch is staying then he better do a lot more than what he did last season. Barely threw a check and when he did they were little tiny pushes, for a 6’4 guy he’s nowhere near physical enough. Barely had a fight apart from Ronnberg and Kurtz (think that’s about it) and personally judging by the season he had last year I wouldn’t have had him back so he better step up to the plate. If we were to sign a Brit similar to Batch I’d take Swindlehurst for a D man. Batch is tough don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think he’s good enough and there’s far better brit options out there.
Can’t tell if this is a joke or not...

Batchy had such limited minutes last year, that there was hardly any chance for him to throw any hits at all...add that to the fact he was playing as a forward, which he hasn’t actually done since Lord became coach, and the fact he was also playing on a line with Toms Rutkiss who although he’s good, isn’t the finished article yet, I don’t think expecting Batchy to throw hits left right and centre, or drop gloves week in week out is very realistic to be honest.

Let’s look at it another way, he played clever when he was on the ice as a forward, allowing Toms to get forward and make things happen (Lordo’s last ever goal for us anyone...?) whilst covering the back end, and ensuring if things went wrong we weren’t left short.

Yes Batchy is big and tough, but there’s a lot more to being a clever hockey player than hits and fights.

Can you think of ANY other Brit player his age, who would sit back on the bench be a team guy, and not bitch and moan about getting limited numbers when they’d been a top 4 d-man for the past 3 seasons?

RedDevil17

You wonder why he doesn’t get much ice time...he does little to nothing!! He’s had plenty of ice time for me and there’s been multiple incidents which he could’ve stepped up. I don’t like Batch as a forward anyway but still my point is that considering his stature he should be stepping up a lot more than what he does (same goes for the rest of the team for that matter). Like I’ve said, I’m not a fighting hooligan but I still like to see players sticking up for each other. I’m not just putting it on Batch but the rest of the team need to stick up for each other. I also didn’t say ‘every game’ I said when there’s a serious incident. You wonder why teams take liberties against us? You wonder why we get bullied most home games?! It’s because players don’t step up. If we brought in Swindlehurst I would be very happy. He wouldn’t bitch about and he’d get good minutes as a D man which is our main area of improvement plus he’s relatively tough. Problem sorted. When Batch was on D he wasn’t really physical then. I like to see big, clean hits so teams don’t take liberties. There’s better brits than Batch out there than him IMHO but I’m not the coach. Just saying what I see

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Anyone who thinks that Josh is only there to throw a few hits and look menacing clearly doesn 't understand the role that Lordo wanted him to play last year.

Bear in mind the poor guy was out for many weeks with a difficult injury....that can have an impact on the ability to carry out a role fully.

Looking forward to welcoming Batchy back on the roster when it's announced.

Last edited:

Finny

You wonder why he doesn’t get much ice time...he does little to nothing!! He’s had plenty of ice time for me and there’s been multiple incidents which he could’ve stepped up. I don’t like Batch as a forward anyway but still my point is that considering his stature he should be stepping up a lot more than what he does (same goes for the rest of the team for that matter). Like I’ve said, I’m not a fighting hooligan but I still like to see players sticking up for each other. I’m not just putting it on Batch but the rest of the team need to stick up for each other. I also didn’t say ‘every game’ I said when there’s a serious incident. You wonder why teams take liberties against us? You wonder why we get bullied most home games?! It’s because players don’t step up. If we brought in Swindlehurst I would be very happy. He wouldn’t bitch about and he’d get good minutes as a D man which is our main area of improvement plus he’s relatively tough. Problem sorted. When Batch was on D he wasn’t really physical then. I like to see big, clean hits so teams don’t take liberties. There’s better brits than Batch out there than him IMHO but I’m not the coach. Just saying what I see
You realise Batch was injured for much of last season?
And when he did come back Moore was injured so he didn’t have a regular line to play on?