So 11 teams - how to keep 3 conference system

Devil_Abroad

Thread starter #1
How about 3 conferences

52 game season (would lose 2 home games so may need to revamp the cup)

Erhardht & Patton

Own conference 4H & 4A = 24 games
Other conferences 2H & 2A = 28 games

Gardiner

Own conference 5H & 5A = 20 games
Other conferences 2H & 2A = 32 games

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wildthing74

Agreed. I know some teams and fans prefer it but if your main title is the league you should all be competing in the same field.Our conference is brutal and we batter each other 24 times a season while some teams get an easy ride in theirs. I would happily see teams the same amount of times personally especially as 11 teams cannot work into a conference system.

Devil_Abroad

Thread starter #4
If it’s one league that makes either 40 games which isn’t enough or 60 games which is too many?

youngbob

If it’s one league that makes either 40 games which isn’t enough or 60 games which is too many?

The Challenge Cup and Playoffs could be changed to give extra games, though groupings for CC will be just as problematic as League

As politicians say at times like this

I have full confidence in the EIHL board to find a good solution...…..

Finny

Am i right in saying we got 2 extra games on our season ticket ....FREE...
Not yet, as we don’t know the CC format.
Unless they do something crazy the most sensible thing would be for the first set of league games to count towards one big CC group with the top 8 qualifying.

So the season ticket would include all 30 league games + CCQF + CCSF/POQF

James

Administrator
I agree with the decision for 3h & 3a, makes sense for 11 teams. A 3 team conference makes more of a farce of it than it was before.

kingmo19.1

Like the new league format, but a 3 team conference is a joke! A 33.3% chance of winning a title before a puck has been dropped! Massively devalued - and it was pretty rubbish with 4 teams.

Pondlife

I think there's going to have to be some clever scheduling to reduce the travel costs. Whereas before teams had more local games based on their conference now there's more long distance ones.

trapped

The conferences will continue to exist if and when Hull or a scottish team enter the party. The main question will be whether we go back to more in conference games and fewer out of conference games. In terms of equality, this is the fairest way.