Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

At the beginning of the year id say no but he battled all the wwy through the up and downs and proved everyone wrong.
Reddick is a devil through and through he loves it here. And he's starting to become a fan favourite
Lord praises him and Imo I think he has signed back already.

august04

It’s often been said that the Devils need to improve by 20% year on year and by inference this includes next year. We’ll retain most of this years’ team I would think and while Reddick improved dramatically when Strachan was paired with him (who wouldn’t by the way and we may not have Strachan around to shield him next season), I feel that this is the obvious area where an upgrade is possible, if we’re willing to splash the cash. He played well post Xmas and gave his all in every game and that’s to his great credit after the start he made, but I’m sorry I didn’t see MOM performances from him week in, week out. Better and less risky performances yes, but not MOM week in week out. That is surely overstating his ability. Would I be disappointed if he stayed? No, l don’t think so but he can be improved upon, for me anyway.

Wannabe2

I hope Reddick comes back, he took awhile to find his feet, but when he did he was a real asset. He is without a doubt a Devil thru and thru.

ASHIPP

There are people still not sold on Reddick?!

He was quietly putting in MOTM performances week in and week out from January/February onwards, and if we drop him I’d be very surprised if he didn’t have his pick of EIHL teams to go to.

Anyway, if Montgomery comes in as Assistant what does that mean for Piggsy and Jamie?

Feel like 25 points in a mid table Danish team isn’t filling me with confidence on him.
The guy was a player/coach at his Danish club. He took over coaching duties half way through their season. He is a defenceman - not expected to put up anywhere near as many points as goalscoring forwards.

Any team he joined would be getting a defenceman with good AHL and European experience.....and coaching qualifications. Another valuable asset to support the Head Coach and take on some of his workload, wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

RedDevil17

I hope Reddick comes back, he took awhile to find his feet, but when he did he was a real asset. He is without a doubt a Devil thru and thru.
He may be a devil through and through but is he good enough? That’s the real question which you need to consider. For me, no. Can we upgrade on him? Montgomery certainly would be

Rich Best

We 100% need Reddick to return. He needs to be paired with a good solid stay at home partner which we all hope will be Strachan. Similar to how hotham works well with Richie, or Fournier with Louis.

I am no coach but surely the pairings / balance are as important as the individuals (to a large degree).

Our team has thrived on having an outstanding transition from defence to attack and Reddick is a fantastic component of that.

I wouldn't mind that everyone pay $2 or something and have a hour training session 5pm to 6pm or 6pm to 7pm with each player entered on to the ice.
With the loyal fans we have I'm sure there would be around 500 plus who would make it

Gough60

So I'm holidaying in the sun, waiting to see where in Europe I'm going to watch the Devils in the CHL, and I hear that on Twatter (put out by the Devils ) that Richie is keen to play in Finland, Switzerland or Berlin.
Surely he should be signed before he can have an option. Tongue firmly in cheek.
So glad he is back for another season.

Have Hope#35

So I'm holidaying in the sun, waiting to see where in Europe I'm going to watch the Devils in the CHL, and I hear that on Twatter (put out by the Devils ) that Richie is keen to play in Finland, Switzerland or Berlin.
Surely he should be signed before he can have an option. Tongue firmly in cheek.
So glad he is back for another season.
But Richie is back o_O

With the CHL draw tomorrow and a 12th team still yet to be announced and looking less likely. Will CHL be included in the ST to make up the caps game? Considering the CHL had a average attendance last year including it as a direct replacement for the caps game might be the easiest option.

Ger-Devils

With the CHL draw tomorrow and a 12th team still yet to be announced and looking less likely. Will CHL be included in the ST to make up the caps game? Considering the CHL had a average attendance last year including it as a direct replacement for the caps game might be the easiest option.
The league are meeting 22nd May and there will be more information about the teams who’ve applied.

There will be a deal on CHL and pre season tickets again

jenks33

Drew Paris back to Sweden?

https://sportbloggare.com/dragskott...drew-paris-atervaender-till-hockeyallsvenskan

Edit - this has been confirmed elsewhere, will post on other thread.
Seemed like a lovely bloke but what a huge disappointment. When we signed him I thought he was going to be a fan favourite but he never really got going. I thought he struggled all season. Could only track his position on the ice by looking down and weak going backwards. I’ve been watching the devils since 1996 and he’s certainly one of the biggest disappointments in my time