GB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS BUDAPEST

ASHIPP

History made right there for British ice hockey.

A great p3 from the team. Bownsey has been utterly outstanding. What a colossus.

Well done Team GB. There's a huge Barmy Army following from home.

ASHIPP

This is why I am hoping our 4 Team GB players are the signing announcements on Monday. Just imagine the reception they would get.

Any chance Team GB will get some decent TV and radio coverage over this achievement?

Kevlar68

A fantastic achievement for team GB. Maybe this is the shot in the arm the sport needs to gain the proper recognition it deserves. Proud of every player.
I agree. If someone wins a gold medal for tiddly winks in the commonwealth games its a news at 10 sports story and they're a hero, so lets see what happens.
Its about time GB ice hockey got some recognition on mainstream news.

Last edited:
Taken from Frannys Twitter feed - lol

If there are any top teams reading this, @bownsy21 got really lucky this tournament, he’s not really that good, he’s a terrible team mate and his jokes are annoying. There is no way you’d want him on your team. Nothing to see here, move along .

No AHL, KHL, NHL or money just a pride of lions, a team that is more than a some of its parts and one man a wall of a goalie Bownsy.

RTfarty

Good report already up on BBC teletext.
The only problem they report that Hungary were leading 2-0 in the 3rd quarter?
I reckon the confusion comes from the game going into overtime, thus the 3rd period could be considered the third quarter of the game for a non-hockey-following journalist. (Haven’t seen who wrote the article)

Slartibartfast

The determination in the third period was epic. They threw themselves at that puck to keep it in the O zone. It reminded me of some of the Devils comebacks.
Skill level wise they looked as good if not better than a lot of other teams. Don't understand why they were seeded so low.

GB were seeded as the bottom seed as they were only promoted last season.

Next season they will be seeded 15 and I believe they will be in the same group as the Silver and Bronze medalist in this years championships starting next week

Ocko

The determination in the third period was epic. They threw themselves at that puck to keep it in the O zone. It reminded me of some of the Devils comebacks.
Skill level wise they looked as good if not better than a lot of other teams. Don't understand why they were seeded so low.
Because seeding is based on world ranking.

Devil_Abroad

GB were seeded as the bottom seed as they were only promoted last season.

Next season they will be seeded 15 and I believe they will be in the same group as the Silver and Bronze medalist in this years championships starting next week
Oh dear, so though some of us would normally want Canada to win we now want them to get silver? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk