Favourite player.

Thread starter #1
My first experience of Ice Hockey was in 1986 in our inaugural season, we had a small squad I think maybe 13 players and I was instantly hooked.
What I was wondering was who was your first ever favourite player from your first season? mine was Bill Taylor (the bear Hunter).

rocketbob

My first season was the first one with the big blue tent (my aged memory can't remember the year). As a result my favourite player then (and still, sorry messrs Hotham, Martin, Louis and Faryna) is Brad Voth.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kevlar68

Have had a few over the years but my first was Ian Cooper. I liked his play and he just seemed like a real laid back guy off the ice.

First favourite player from the 86 season...as a 5 year old I liked it when the man shot the scoreboard. I also liked Max Thurgood because my Dad did....he worked so hard.

In summer 87 we signed a guy called Shannon the Cannon....it was hard not to love that. Shannon was my favourite player growing up - great skater and always seemed to have a smile on his face.

Ocko

Too many to chose just one so I'll break it down into a few eras.

WNIR era: Shannon Hope.

BBT: Voth or Birbaer.

IAW: Hotham.

Ibbz9

Moria for me. Started watcing in 87. Started with the Juniors the next season and he was one of our coaches. Fantastic player and more than held his own in Superleague which was a huge step up from Heineken days. Class act.

Kevlar68

Just a quick off topic as Voth was mentioned is Brad related to Curtis Voth? They look alike and Curtis in the Documentary "Tough Guys" he was always throwing the gloves down.