Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Ocko

I'm very on the fence about Akered. He flew out of the traps, but i felt in the two games we played around the Challenge cup quarter final against Guildford once we put some pressure on him he wilted very quickly, and his second half of the season I felt he run out of gas a little bit.

Not sure he has the staying power for a team looking to win trophies right down to the wire.
Agree that he really faded. But I put that down to how Guildford rode him all season. He isn't a Hotham replacement, but I'd take him over Paris as the third pairing offensive D.

He is not a replacement for Hotham but he is a very offensive defenceman, 20 goals and 40 assists. Thinks he would be a good addition to the Devils.

ASHIPP

Other rumours around today:

More ex-Clan players returning there - Beca, Hammond, Fitzgerald

Steelers going with 2 British goalies

Flames goalie Mike Carrozza to return

Thomas Murdy to Clan as starting goalie

Goalie Patrick Killeen to the Elite League (played in Italy)

zoesdevil

Been quiet for us!

Oz25

Fitzgerald has been confirmed

With last year's rumours about Wacey Rabbit, I wonder if he could be heading to the devil's?

Steve King said they are in talks with players a few seasons before the come here.

d20

Hope not ,nothing like nottingham with bars ,shops close etc ..sheffield has an area across the road with some eating places and thats it you would lose the way fans are pretty close and sheffield is not that much bigger ,as someone mentioned before if it needs getting bigger then maybe the O2 in london but then would you get such huge numbers from sheffield and nottignham making the trip ,much easier when its on your doorstep.
The other thing with a friday night is that some fans of the losing team may leave once out and not go to the saturday game.

Ocko

Hope not ,nothing like nottingham with bars ,shops close etc ..sheffield has an area across the road with some eating places and thats it you would lose the way fans are pretty close and sheffield is not that much bigger ,as someone mentioned before if it needs getting bigger then maybe the O2 in london but then would you get such huge numbers from sheffield and nottignham making the trip ,much easier when its on your doorstep.
The other thing with a friday night is that some fans of the losing team may leave once out and not go to the saturday game.
Sheffield is about 3k seats bigger with the stage end seated. Over a POFW that equates to £300,000. Big money.

It has to move from Nottingham within the next few years. Every team is growing and two well suppoted teams have been added. The demand is going up and up, and when it already sells out and has done for a number of years the only thing that is certain is price increases.

Manchester is the next step. It holds 17,000. And priced well having crowds of 13,000-14,000 should be a realistic aim.

pjj365

Sheffield is about 3k seats bigger with the stage end seated. Over a POFW that equates to £300,000. Big money.

It has to move from Nottingham within the next few years. Every team is growing and two well suppoted teams have been added. The demand is going up and up, and when it already sells out and has done for a number of years the only thing that is certain is price increases.

Manchester is the next step. It holds 17,000. And priced well having crowds of 13,000-14,000 should be a realistic aim.
I doubt Manchester would want to lose 2 or 3 weeks income to put in (or re-commission) an ice plant then lay the ice and set up for playoffs. The same is true of any other big venues - O2 etc.Then another week or so to decommissioned the whole lot

Dancing on ice travel with their own ice plant and technicians and are skilled at rapid set up/decommission