GB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS BUDAPEST

Pondlife

Is anyone able to watch this using a BT you view box? Do you have to do something to the box to point it at a specific transmitter as I can’t see freesports in my channel listings?

ASHIPP

Anyone doubting the quality of our No1 goalie should have been watching this game. Step forward Ben Bowns MOM saving 35/36 shots. Ben gave an outstanding performance against Slovenia the team ranked 15th in the world. Proud our Club's goalie is doing so well.

Strong start from GB. A day off tomorrow well earned.

Ocko

Superb from GB against a great hockey nation in Slovenia. It has to be one of the biggest results for a number of years, they are an Olympic team we should have no right to compete with them.

Just a shame Bownsy keeps putting himself in the shop window for the big European leagues!

Kevlar68

Its a great start and hope it continues but all the teams in our division are above us in the world rankings so we got some big games coming up and will need to play as well as we did against Slovenia.

Russky

if u missed it and want to catch it again (as i did and will) its on from 11pm tomorrow night on freesports channel 424 sky platform.

Later fixtures: Team GB v
Kazakhstan on tuesday 24/4 from 2.55pm
Poland on Wednesday 25/4 from 2.55pm
Italy on Friday 27/4 from 6:25pm
Hungary on Saturday 28/4 from 6:25pyr

set your tv boxes to record it if u cant watch it live. I will be!!!

Last edited:

Ocko

Also worth noting that Slovenia were the highest ranked team in the group, favourites to go back up and were playing the like of Sweden, USA and Canada last year.

Absolutely superb GB.

Wannabe2

Great game, great performance by a team that wanted it more. Awesome display by Bownsy and every player left it all out there on the ice. When a team puts 100 % e[ffort in, and plays for the full 60 mins anything can happen. Well played lads, everyone of you.

terry hunt

Thread starter #15
Kazakhstan goalie is an ex Calgary Flame and has played for Sweden previously.
Really big guy at 6 6 and 209 lbs.Although in his 30's he still plays at a high level.He should be worth looking at.He had a shutout in the first game.

ASHIPP

A terrific result. Heard on the commentary that GB should be safe with their current points. Staying in this group of nations and getting stronger must be their objective.......two great results in the remaining games would be awesome though.