Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Hedd Wyn John

Yes, seriously.

Batch lost to Kurtz earlier in the year and I'd say Riley is much tougher than Kurtz. Whilst Batch is tough Riley is a career tough guy with over 100 fights, Batch has had just 21.

And Faryna, whilst very game, does lose to the majority of heavyweights he fights. His fight card says as much - and Kurtz is very tough.

Maybe try looking without thinking everything Devils is wonderful and everything to do with other teams isn't as good as us.
Tbh this is hockey, while I like a good fight as much as the next fan ultimately it’s the side with the most goals that wins. More to the point as interesting as it is comparing enforcers on teams it’s important to note that this isn’t boxing or ufc - most enforcers would get their ass handed to them against a professional fighter. Heck they’d also struggle against an equivalent rugby player due to the physical mismatch.

Devil_Abroad

Cheers for taking out the majority of my post in your quote, which wasn't in reference to how trophy laden we were, but on how tough we were compared to Belfast
I will add 2 things and then as I don’t think most of us will agree let’s move on

1. Lord is happy we have enough team toughness
2. Sheffield’s owner wants to now emulate Cardiff’s toughness

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

OK fair point, but such things become academic at the point we win. I dont want to see us bossed around the ice. For years Belfast came over here and did what the hell they wanted to and we had nothing to respond with. I cant remember a game this year we've been bullied like that. Even if there was a game or 2 that we were, Id take that for a table full of cups
Correct, not one game where we were bullied physically. Only one game where we were bullied and that was the final and by speed and work rate. They turned up and wanted it far more than we did that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

All teams want to emulate Devils - surely that says it all

Also at POFW Q&A Douce said that if we had old style "tough" hockey he would not be playing. Just think what we would have missed from him and other small players. Mo, Benti Joey H and of course Murdy spring to mind

The definition of toughness has changed - hence Devils "accolade"

Devil94

All teams want to emulate Devils - surely that says it all

Also at POFW Q&A Douce said that if we had old style "tough" hockey he would not be playing. Just think what we would have missed from him and other small players. Mo, Benti Joey H and of course Murdy spring to mind

The definition of toughness has changed - hence Devils "accolade"
Don’t think Joey Haddad will be pleased being called a ‘small’ player. Benti also not shy of getting involved.

pjj365

Don’t think Joey Haddad will be pleased being called a ‘small’ player. Benti also not shy of getting involved.
OOPS - sorry meant Martin
Their height does not stop them getting involved - just picking up on 5'9" Douce's comment
Not commenting on willingness or ability to be tough

Tbh this is hockey, while I like a good fight as much as the next fan ultimately it’s the side with the most goals that wins. More to the point as interesting as it is comparing enforcers on teams it’s important to note that this isn’t boxing or ufc - most enforcers would get their ass handed to them against a professional fighter. Heck they’d also struggle against an equivalent rugby player due to the physical mismatch.
But those same boxers/UFC fighters and rugby players would barely be able to stand up on the ice so would hardly be in a position to hand a 6'4" 225lb hockey enforcer his ass. On terra ferma possibly but not in a hockey game.