Playoff Rumours

Devil94

Is it just me that thinks we might lose more this off season than we have done in the last 4? The rumours are Hotham might be moving on, and his reactions at the celebrations yesterday would suggest there might be some truth in that. Strachan only came here for one year, maybe he has enjoyed it enough to come back, but for me it’s doubtful. Rumours of Gleason looking for a club on mainland Europe, and who can blame him with his ability.

Has Crowder got another year in him, does Ulmer want to go again? Maybe Asselin wants to concentrate on his photography business with his wife.

All probably just paranoia on my part, but now with the final piece of the jig-saw of trophies in place, maybe some of them will be looking for new challenges.

d20

Unfortunately thats hockey and the way it works ,we will lose some with a few looking at retirement,some looking for new challenges but the plus side is we have owners that look after these players so some will want to stay with a club on the rise and winning thats what you want as a hockey player plus we get another crack at the CHL,so with those that we do lose THANK YOU for everything you have done for our club but what we also know is that whoever comes into replace them will be as good if not better because our recruitment is spot on.

CaldicotDevil

Is it just me that thinks we might lose more this off season than we have done in the last 4? The rumours are Hotham might be moving on, and his reactions at the celebrations yesterday would suggest there might be some truth in that. Strachan only came here for one year, maybe he has enjoyed it enough to come back, but for me it’s doubtful. Rumours of Gleason looking for a club on mainland Europe, and who can blame him with his ability.

Has Crowder got another year in him, does Ulmer want to go again? Maybe Asselin wants to concentrate on his photography business with his wife.

All probably just paranoia on my part, but now with the final piece of the jig-saw of trophies in place, maybe some of them will be looking for new challenges.
I'm with you, I'm paranoid. With 6 trophies in 2 years and that we held our own in the CHL these players are very much in the shop window for bigger European clubs. When you watch players with Martin and Fournier skill set you do pinch yourself that they play for the devils.

A-G

Some of the guys mentioned have also now pretty much done it all in the EIHL so challenges and maybe more money abroad could be tempting. One thing we do have in our favour is the lack of language barrier for ease of playing and life outside the rink.

ASHIPP

The best teams in sport never stand still. They are constantly looking to improve, either through evolving coaching or carefully and cleverly replacing players.

There is bound to be some 'natural wastage' as some players will choose retirement, or might move on to other challenges. Even Todd has said in the past that he expects usually some changes every off-season. The very best of luck to those guys and thank you for such a fantastic season.

The great thing about our organisation is that the bar has been set. It will be a challenge for TK and Lordo to secure the right calibre and character new players. The good news is that they are hopefully in a position where they only need to make tweaks to the Big Red Machine. We can be reassured they have probably already been on the case for some time......and will do a great job making those tweaks.:D

Wannabe2

It’s a very sad fact of life that we will lose some players, this team have been nothing short of amazing. Even when we last won the play offs with a great team, we didn’t also win the league, but these lads have done it all. It will be a great shame that players will go, but when we lose a star, we sign a star, that is another thing that this club excels at, our recruiting like many other things is spot on. My god the last 2 seasons have been truly phenomenal, to see our amazing club back at the top is a pure joy, hope we now have a night to celebrate, even if it is just the fans that would be nice. So to all the players that are returning, welcome back home lads, and to those that we may unfortunately lose, thank you guys from the bottom of our hearts, you have certainly been family, and have made our lives sweeter for being just you. I have thankfully experienced some awesome celebrations with our club, but Sunday when that final whistle went, the Red Army was unbelievable and that atmosphere will live with me forever. God I love this club, we all do, to have a club like this in our lives is truly to be blessed, thank you Cardiff Devils.

d20

Just on the elite league banter page...Steelers release

ervins mustukovs
jonas westerling]
andrea valdix
joonas ronnberg
colton fretter
tim wallace
matt marquardt
andreas jamtin
zack fitzgerald

didnt mess about

Wannabe2

Do you think the Steelers would let Thommo decide who is staying for next season if he wasn't staying himself?
Strange things happen in Sheffield though, I realise he may probably be staying, but if he is being replaced and that’s a if, the club may just want a new guy to sign his own team, maybe they have just released those the owner plus others wouldn’t re-sign, just a thought, and maybe the others are under contract.

After 6 trophies in 2 seasons , will the desire still be there for Martin , Hotham , etc to play another year of EIHL?
Whatever any of the players choose to do , I would just like to say thank you for all the effort you have put in to turning this club back to being number one and making the past 3 seasons so enjoyable!

I am hoping Lordo will be tempted to stay on at least one more season but wouldn’t blame him if he decides to move on if an opportunity to coach In a higher league comes along ( especially back home in Canada) and the man is up there with Lawless as far as I am concerned with his status at the club !
The man is so focused and professional, giving so much to take this club back to the top and sacrificed ice time this season when he was more than capable of holding down a starting place ....Thank you , thank you,thank you !

Lord is devils through and through a bit like voth.
I think he will give us one more year and if we win it again he will definitely have offers from America and Europe etc.

The guy has won every trophy in Britain in 3 years in charge. That’s amazing...

Wannabe2

Don’t see Lordo going anywhere for awhile, our amazing owners, our amazing city, and seeing as his lovely young lady is local,I think will keep him here for awhile. Hope so anyway, sometimes it’s better to keep what you have opposed to gambling on the grass is greener over there.Anyway let’s enjoy this moment in time,Lordo is surely here for next season, so let’s enjoy our summer.