Devils v Steelers - Playoff Final! - FO 4pm - CHAAAAAMPIOOOOOOOONS :D

jimmy snels

well happy with that. love winning a trophy, against the squeelers even more so. Now let the off season rumours begin before we go again. my season ticket is already paid

Fantastic result, 8 trophies in 4 years, that's incredible, You can argue and complain about performances (which I do) but you can't argue with the results and Lord and his team's are getting it done

kingmo19.1

What an awesome weekend. Bossed Fife then dominated the Steelers. I thought it was a prettty one sided final and we seemed to put them under continual pressure for long periods. They looked totally beat after we went 2-0 up.

Congratulations to the team and all the staff. Thanks for giving us such a great weekend.

Happy Days.

Slartibartfast

Thank you Cardiff Devils for giving me the best hockey I have ever seen in this country. The passing, the creativity and the composure has been incredible this year and we have seen some beautiful goals. It has been an absolute joy to watch.

Rich Best

Well it is quite simple. This team has displayed the best hockey we have ever witnessed in this country. Unbelievable recruitment, coaching and chemistry. I have loved watching this team, and we just seemed to keep getting better.

I would be very happy if we sign them all up again, but as Todd has said you need to try and improve by 20% each year to stay on top. I really hope we keep our core.

Thank you Devil's for an amazing season, have a rest now and then let's come back fighting and see if we can make it an unprecedented 3 in a row!

Rich Best

PS I just have to say, I am surprised only 3 pages of posts on this thread. I am 100% certain that there would have been considerably more if we had lost. And that to me is a pity.

ASHIPP

Our Coach and players sweeping the Elite League awards and 3/6 in the All Star Team reflects how peers and rivals acknowledge the success and qualities of our beloved Team.

A special group of players, fantastic evolving coaching, awesome Club. Dreams really can come true with hard work and determination. Congratulations and thankyou Devils.

rocketbob

Amazing weekend and awesome season from an outstanding team both on the ice and off the ice. These are the true glory days and it is truly awesome to get to enjoy them. I must also post tribute to the best owners around. Thank you guys. Have an awesome off-season. August can't come soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Earnie

What a fabulous achievement. I am so proud and happy for the team and the whole organisation. I look forward to a word from our Happy owners.
Although Steelers fought back tenaciously the final score really flatters them a bit as we had overall control of that game in my view.

Diafol

What a fantastic weekend.
Massive congratulations to Lord, the players and everyone involved.

So proud of this team and what they've achieved.

Now I need another coffee before the long drive home...

Ocko

That was an assured and professional finals weekend as you'll see from a team. Both of our games were far from being classics but they didn't need to be. We were by far the better team, not just on the day but overall, and we played like it. It was probably two of our best performances of the year; we properly rolled 4 lines and it paid off. We were so slick all weekend.

Drove back last night (well my wife did) and watched it all again on Iplayer as did Wannabe2 and still elated today. What Iplayer does not show is the players interaction with the fans after the cup presentation. The chants coming from the Red Army, the smiles on the players faces, especially Joey Martin and Bentivoglio made me so proud to one of the Red Army.
A great big thank you to all of the players and the backroom staff and of course the Red Army for making this such a memorable weekend

Devil94

Drove back last night (well my wife did) and watched it all again on Iplayer as did Wannabe2 and still elated today. What Iplayer does not show is the players interaction with the fans after the cup presentation. The chants coming from the Red Army, the smiles on the players faces, especially Joey Martin and Bentivoglio made me so proud to one of the Red Army.
A great big thank you to all of the players and the backroom staff and of course the Red Army for making this such a memorable weekend
Yeah, gutted that the BBC coverage cut out early. Hopefully there will be an IceTime TV video or a video from club on the celebrations.

mweller

What a weekend - I think it’s only today watching the highlights that it’s sinking in. So glad and privileged to have witnessed it.
Lord got the tactics spot on all weekend and all the players were fully committed. I wouldn’t want to pick one player out but as a cameo that represented the attitude of the whole team, that puck possession display from Haddad with a few minutes to go was phenomenal.
Although defeats hurt at the time, the great thing about Lord and this team is that they really learn from them. We’re a better team now because we lost out in the final league run in 3 years ago & we were stronger in this final after last year’s defeat and the challenge cup final. You can’t win every game so using any defeat to improve is the best you can ask for. Hope some bear that in mind next season when we inevitably have some results go against us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonBart22

Fantastic season once again, a lot of us out there were slagging the team off pre xmas when we were struggling a bit including myself, but what a turnaround, hats off to #71 and the players HE brought in, a big well done to rutkis in his short season with us, what a start for him 3 trophys to go with it. i know it wont happen but this team as it stands would do fantastic in the coming CHL shame that 4 or 5 may retire or move on but we said that last season didnt we and look what happened... back to #71 spot on resting a few players b4 playoffs and a different approach to each playoff game from last season, think the owners will do well keeping #71 for next season, we as fans need his signature for a 5 year plus deal b4 signing any players. lets do this and get the 3rd lge title in the 2018/19 season. have a good short summer all and recharge our batteries for next season..in LORD we trust...AGAIN...