PLAY OFF WEEKEND

ASHIPP

Laughable reading the Panthers'fans discussing the presence of Cameron Hughes at POW. Don't know how they can make any informed judgement...he's never even appeared at the NIC! Most of the doomsters from other clubs who are going won't have seen him either but still think it will ruin their weekend!

He's a marmite character but hypnotisingly watchable. An energetic nutter who provides alternative entertainment. He is very, very successful.....he has appeared at so many world sporting events and finals. The playoff atmosphere in the top leagues in this sport are usually awesome. He's over here to help out.

He's North American....we could argue they have a slightly different sense of humour. Thank God they know how to lighten up and have fun. And we are very happy to welcome North American owners, coaches and players around the Elite League.

Besides, can someone explain what has happened to the entertainment value of EIHL club mascots this year? Since Steeler Dan was chucked out of last year's CC Final, and Taz was 'ejected' for aggravating the Blaze bench during a game, mascot mojo has all but disappeared.

Last edited:

JC23

I was thinking this the other day. Not sure if the person in the costume has changed but Taz used to wander between blocks, wind up the opposition and be a lot more animated which did get the crowd going. I know it was more for the kids but i always found it good entertainment.
Correct.

Taz was Rob Marsh for a long while, but due to family, and being a teacher he had to step down from the role.

Kevlar68

I just watched Cameron hughes on YouTube and got to say its not my thing but good on him, he's having a ball, seems a nice guy not obnoxious.

Diafol

I was thinking this the other day. Not sure if the person in the costume has changed but Taz used to wander between blocks, wind up the opposition and be a lot more animated which did get the crowd going. I know it was more for the kids but i always found it good entertainment.
Taz is just a person in a costume ?

Nooooooooooo !

You'll be telling me next the Easter Bunny isn't real.
That's ruined POFW for me :(

matbur

Yeah my kids keep asking where's Taz gone, I was going to ask the fan council to ask the organisation about him being more visible. I just figured the person doing it also has other stuff to do.