Devils v Flyers - Sat 7 Apr 2018 - Play Offs S-Final - FO 1pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Our Celtic cousins from Kirkcaldy must be grounded
as we seek that elusive Play Offs Championship

With the RED ARMY encamped in Nottingham, those of you unable to make the trip to the Lace City can follow the action with another edition of our 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' play by play Match Night Live service for this game, all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the day you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Any comments/updates from fans at the game are most welcomed to 07527 625206

Don’t take this game to easy and we should win 5-2
We know fife are fighters n will go till the end but I’m sure we have enough to see us through :)

Rich Best

We must take this game very seriously, play hard all 3 periods and not underestimate the opposition. If we are complacent we will lose.

ASHIPP

Andy Isles, when fit, is an outstanding netminder. One big reason for Flyers' success this year. Another reason is their corps of young, very fast forwards - Young, Gaulthier, Heelis, Bloodoff. Lose focus against them for a moment and they can impact quickly.

Against a team like this, finishing chances is everything. It's the accuracy of the chances/shots that will be important. Flyers also make their pp count so Devils' special teams will also be crucial.

Flyers work very hard and have a 'never say die attitude'. Hope the Devils bring their own special brand of determined battling relentlessness and show why they deserve to be in that Final.

Last edited:

Rich Best

Part of me hopes we play very physical like we did against blaze, but the risk is that we end up taking penalties and flyers hit us on the PP.

Perhaps we should start the match playing physical and see how trigger happy the stripeys are, then adjust the game plan if required. We can certainly dominate flyers in the physical department, so if the whistle is staying in the pocket that will be a good tactic.

Rob Batch

I think the way we played against Coventry is the 'new look' Cardiff play-off style, which is more aggressive. Play hard and physical to soften them up, then turn on the style. Cliche's exist for a reason, I just don't know what it is. Go Devils !!

Wouldn't really like to call this one, it's play off hockey, a one off game, could go either way just hope we come out on top..very close 4-3 to us would be good enough ...but?

rolf

Typical EIHL this. First two periods webcast was fine then just before the crucial final period it crashed and then froze making it a total disaster. It must be a gift to balls it up for Cardiff followers yet again, normally it is DOPS who dick on us. I have demanded a refund from them and urge all others affected here to do the same.........still we won 4-zip and BBC have the final so not all bad)

ASHIPP

Well done, Devils. Awesome result. Naillbiting p1 both teams exerting pressure, impressive penalty killing and rock solid goaltending.

After gradually building their game in p2 culminating in a superbly timed goal from Strachs, by p3 the Devils knew what was required to get that result.

Good things happen when the team play well with self-belief and everyone is focussed and determined. They wanted it and so deserved it. Bownsey was tremendous.

Although I think I only saw about half the game - webcast was dire in p3.

Last edited:
E-mail received regarding webcast :

Hi all

We've had many email in the last hour or so as you might imagine, so if yours has not yet been replied to directly please accept our apologies and accept this email as a response instead of a direct reply (we'd be saying very similar).

Many of you will have seen almost the whole game uninterrupted, but we definitely lost a large number of users for a period of time. We have identified two problems which have compounded to make this a frustrating afternoon for many of you. Both problems were corrected or resolved on the main streaming platform shortly after the third period started.

We'd like to offer all viewers who have not pre-ordered this evening's Panthers v Steelers game a free view of that game. If you have bought both games already and would like a refund for this game please forward your Paypal receipt to us and we will deal with it (though you will understand it may take time to process with the games this weekend and travel schedules.

As such all users will automatically be given free access to this evening's game and you do not need to do anything more, and you do not need to reply to accept that.

Please again accept our apologies

Yours,
The team at EIHL TV.

osh

Flyers very dangerous in the 1st period and could have been 2 up with more luck, however, once we got the first goal we played with huge confidence and controlled all aspects of the game. Strachan was outstanding and my MOM. Our strength in depth going with 4 lines was a huge advantage and was hoping to see Rutkis get a bit of ice time in the third period.
If the banter between the Panthers and Steelers fans is anything to go by, I think it could be a very physical game later on, I’m hoping they’ll knock sevens bells out of each other !

august04

That webcast was an utter joke. Instead of screwing fans for £10 and supplying a load of garbage like that, why can’t the EIHL get it done properly? A showpiece event and they serve up that kind of product, so amateurish. Shame the BBC couldn’t be there today either. From what I saw, a decent performance from the Devils, kept at bay by an outstanding netminder. As for the third period, who knows, didn’t see a thing!