Josh Batch Tweet

d20

Thread starter #1
Odd tweet last night form Josh batch

"its hard not to be at least a little emotional after tonight..I'm proud to have seen how far this club has come and Im honoured to have been a part of it.This team and the people that surround it are truly special,words cannot describe how grateful I am for all of you "

Doesnt sound to good seeing as he uses words like "been " and how he says " how grateful I am for all of you !!" sounds like he is talking in past tense ,I do think with his lack of ice time he will go elsewhere ...rumours will start and i did hear last week Milton keynes mentioned to him...be a shame to lose him lets hope he stays

Gazza272

Odd tweet last night form Josh batch

"its hard not to be at least a little emotional after tonight..I'm proud to have seen how far this club has come and Im honoured to have been a part of it.This team and the people that surround it are truly special,words cannot describe how grateful I am for all of you "

Doesnt sound to good seeing as he uses words like "been " and how he says " how grateful I am for all of you !!" sounds like he is talking in past tense ,I do think with his lack of ice time he will go elsewhere ...rumours will start and i did hear last week Milton keynes mentioned to him...be a shame to lose him lets hope he stays
In the context of the evening, Batch has chosen the right words. I wouldn't be reading too much into this tweet.

If Batch is/were to leave, he certainly wouldn't do it in this manner this close to Playoff weekend.

James

Administrator
It's best not to read too much into comments he uses. The present tense of "how grateful I am for all of you" could be read as intention to stay. Also players can be buggers for putting out deliberately misleading info at this time of year. We've got at least one more championship to go for with Batch on the team whatever happens afterwards.

d20

Thread starter #4
Agree just found it odd,be a shame if he does go ....anyway we NEED to win on the weekend its been too long .

pjj365

Really, the Playoff rumour mill is not yet engaged but

Hotham is so pleased/relieved to get to Playoff weekend he goes to his partner crying - he's leaving
Strahan is homesick (according to a banter group!) - he's leaving
Now Batch uses the past tense to describe a season which is in the past - he's leaving

Anymore reliable information out there?

Ocko

Strachen is here over the summer as well I believe as he's on a uni deal (which as it's a one year course runs over the summer). It's always been quite rare for the players who stay over the summer to not be here the following year.

He will be just as homesick anywhere else in North America if he wants to continue playing. Very unlikely he will get a gig in his hometown and he'd be looking at an ECHL club; their schedule is horrendous - lots of bus travelling and very little home time.

ASHIPP

Whilst it's initially easy to over-analyse rumours and tweets that circulate around the season end, it is highly unlikely that players are going to be hinting , let alone announcing, that they are moving on (unless they are retiring) when they are still in the middle of an important competition.

Strachen is here over the summer as well I believe as he's on a uni deal (which as it's a one year course runs over the summer). It's always been quite rare for the players who stay over the summer to not be here the following year.
There are four players on Uni deals - Strachan, Pope, Louis and Paris

Last edited:

E.D.S.

I try not to get carried away with the post season rumours. It’s been the same every year for the last 30 years. Yes there are players that I don’t want to lose and Josh would be right up there but each year we move on and have to trust the recruitment of the boss. We’ve had some huge names and crowd favourites leave and we’ve moved on.

Batch has been superb this season despite his lack of ice time. I’m a big fan of his. His goal and milestone at the weekend was testament to his commitment. Top player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kal

Pretty sure Batch made a very similar tweet at the end of last season and maybe even the year before (memory is not that good). Wouldn't read anymore into it that he's thankful for what has come before.

Wannabe2

please can we knock off this he,s going here, he,s going there. We have a play off semi final to play, and then hopefully a final to play. Our squad is our squad until the end of the season. Let’s get behind our boys now, they want it, we want it, so let’s go and get it.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Mazzoak

Have to agree with Wannabe.
These guys are not puppies, who cares who comes or goes. I’m trying not to be condescending but honestly why every year people try to second guess a players intentions via social media. I’m sure everyone in the team is being approached by other organisations, it’s what happens when a team has a successful year, both players and coaching staff will want to know their worth, whether the interest lay in staying or going, l certainly would want to know my options. Are members of the team stupid enough to hint on social media, hell no way, expensive mistake that.