PLAY OFF WEEKEND

d20

Thread starter #1
Cant wait for this now a short week in work and on our way on Friday .

So who else is going up and the question is what day and what hotel are you staying ?

Few of us are staying in the Crowne Plaza and we are in the Coventry block for the games anyone else in with them ?

Kal

Fri-Mon rented a aribnb flat for the weekend as it ended up being cheaper than hotels and we get a fridge for beer and bacon.

Diafol

A live PPV webcast is scheduled by the EIHL for the semi finals on Saturday.

Sunday's final will be live (and free) on the BBC Sport website.

Wannabe2

I know I am a old fogey but I can’t stand the bloke, just hope he don’t get in my way when I am trying to watch the game. Think he probably is fine in Nth America, but atmosphere at the play offs is normally pretty high, without some sweaty greasy geezer poncing about. Slate me as much as you like, but he ain’t my cup of tea one little bit.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

pjj365

I know I am a old fogey but I can’t stand the bloke, just hope he don’t get in my way when I am trying to watch the game. Think he probably is fine in Nth America, but atmosphere at the play offs is normally pretty high, without some sweaty greasy geezer poncing about. Slate me as much as you like, but he ain’t my cup of tea one little bit.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Great for kids but that's it for me Also, maybe he worked in BBT but not IAW

Don't see him as entertainment but a distraction. Sure he waits till the game stops but then people screaming for t-shirt distracts from what is going on on ice

d20

Thread starter #16
I don't mind him he kids love him and he will ADD to the atmosphere he doesn't do anything when the games on and to be fair some on twitter are having a go at him after not even seeing him and saying we have mascots of our own ,I'm sorry but the mascots barely do anything all weekend other than walk about and have a dance on the ice they could do far more ,if anyone doesn't like him they don't have to watch him .

pjj365

I don't mind him he kids love him and he will ADD to the atmosphere he doesn't do anything when the games on and to be fair some on twitter are having a go at him after not even seeing him and saying we have mascots of our own ,I'm sorry but the mascots barely do anything all weekend other than walk about and have a dance on the ice they could do far more ,if anyone doesn't like him they don't have to watch him .
Seem to recall you can't avoid him - he's there in your face

Devil_Abroad

I go along with the above two posts. Maybe it's an age thing?
( sorry pjj, no idea what age you are)
It’s not an age thing as I see nothing wrong with it.

He energises the crowd. He waits for the breaks. He works the arena so you’ll at most see him near you twice, probably once.

I’d rather him any day than guys who only turn up for alcohol and fights.

Some see him as entertainment, some don’t. Some see the point of ‘mascots’, some don’t. Some see the point of cheerleaders, some don’t.

I know which I’d prefer. Each to their own I guess.

Anyway, 2 days to go.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedDevil17

Not being funny but what has our so called entertainment mascot done all year? I thought Taz has been the one trying to get the crowd going? I’ve barely noticed him! At least this Cameron Hughes will bring the NIC to life because throughout the season, some of the games at IAW have been key games and the atmosphere has been pretty much dead considering some games are a sell out. Lord said it in his interview after one of the giants games! I have no problem with him coming if it means it being an entertaining weekend because that’s what the playoff weekend is meant to be. Entertaining.

Last edited:

CaldicotDevil

Not being funny but what has our so called entertainment mascot done all year? I thought Taz has been the one trying to get the crowd going? I’ve barely noticed him! At least this Cameron Hughes will bring the NIC to live because this season because throughout the season, some of the games at IAW have been key games, the atmosphere has been pretty much dead considering some games are a sell out. Lord said it in his interview after one of the giants games! I have no problem with him coming if it means it being an entertaining weekend because that’s what the playoff weekend is meant to be. Entertaining.
I was thinking this the other day. Not sure if the person in the costume has changed but Taz used to wander between blocks, wind up the opposition and be a lot more animated which did get the crowd going. I know it was more for the kids but i always found it good entertainment.