Devils v Blaze - Sun 1 Apr 2018 - Play Off 1/4 F - 2nd leg - Fo 6pm - Chat/Updates

I think this molehill is becoming a mountain, we've had fans sing gstq before with no problem, I think last night was due to the blaze fans chanting just as Beth started singing the Welsh anthem, I was suprised to hear booing but I bet we won't hear it again, just one of those tit for tat things.

As for the game in the first 2 periods I was nervous every time the blaze attacked, we looked a bit shakey at the back and bownsy was having a mare, then in the 3rd we came out a completely different team, I'm assuming the hairdryer treatment was given by Lord, I'm not sure if it was a fitness thing or not but after those 2 quick goals in the 3rd the blaze went completely away from what was working for them in the first 2 periods and it was fairly comfortable to go on to the end

Rob Batch

Our depth showed in the end. I am obviously thrilled that Josh scored at such a crucial time, reaching the 100 pt milestone as well. Fair play to his hard working attitude (hard hitting too). Well done to everyone, Nottingham here we come !!

Gough60

After their national anthem in the sky dome Friday, the music started along with the announcer talking as we started to sing.
We been going there long enough for them to know we will sing our anthem, so i did think they showed poor judgment. Still think we are letting our standards slip by some of our fans booing during theirs.
As for the game, still can't stand the blaze & so glad we turned them over. Poor starts in both legs but picked it up toward the end and looked like no.1. Can only beat what's in front of you so let's just beat our next 2 opponents and get the title I was able to see us win last in Manchester.

Kevlar68

In any open to public business its first come first in and when the venue is full its full, don't see the problem in that.
You can't discriminate between who can and can't come in.

The most important thing to come out of all this is we won, we're in the semi's, WE'RE GOING TO NOTTINGHAM! That's all that really matters.

BostonBart22

One sour note. Not impressed that they allowed the Blaze fans to take over our bar. Turned up at 4.15 to see the last Todd & Franny Q&A of the season but denied entry as the bar was full. Quite a few Devils fans started singing “We’re supposed to be at home”
what i cant understand is the bar is open for the blaze fans fair enough, but with loads of devils fans waiting to go in and refused due to overcrowding then why didnt the security boys open the doors to the main arena , dont know why they leave it till an hour b4 face off anyway...plus one or 2 of the bars in corner areas couldve opened earlier..

Gaz G

I would suspect that to open the doors to the main arena they would have to have enough staff to cover everything. I'd guess that the staff they use are paid by the hour and don't start until an hour before the game.

voth26

Booing the Blaze fans singing the National Anthem was shameful. It made us look like a bunch of classless parochial inbreds. Ashamed to hear plenty of booing from blocks 14-16 where we were sitting). Although have to say many of the audience over there seem to be casuals/large groups drinking/probably little understanding of the 'etiquette' at games.

It's embarrassing to think that we are British and that is the reaction to the British National anthem for God's sake. Let them sing and applaud their effort.

They were good enough to allow us to sing the Welsh anthem uninterupted. Our Club and our Team might be the envy of the League.....crowd behaviour like that spoils the game.
We are the home team so we should sing our anthem, plus we're Welsh first and foremost!! Some Blaze fans did start to make some noise when we started singing

ASHIPP

We are the home team so we should sing our anthem, plus we're Welsh first and foremost!! Some Blaze fans did start to make some noise when we started singing
Not disputing we are the home team or that we are entitled to sing our beloved anthem. It doesn't mean that fans of other teams should be booed if they want to sing an anthem. Booing is not classy behaviour in those circumstances.

BostonBart22

TBH didnt hear the british anthem as the music was playing. probs as block one is where i sit. its a wales/england thing to boo in most sporting events, never heard any booing for scots flower of scotland, rightly so too.

august04

I’m not excusing the booing when Blaze fans started to sing the anthem, far from it - it’s a crass thing to do. But it was almost inevitable after their fans had shown such disrespect when our anthem started to be sung by Beth Millard. Very bad manners from quite a few of those Blaze fans, probably tanked up from being in the bar for so long!

No we was not booed. ASHIPP.

But none of there fans stood or clapped ya or anything they just concentrated on there team and what they had to do. Which I have no problem with.

Devils have some arrogant and sarcastic fans since we have started winning and it’s not nice to see

Hedd Wyn John

Apparently one of the Blaze Sponsors paid for a private bar and paid for the their fans to have food.

Can’t grumble at that and good on them.

Most of our fans that get there early just to get a parking space anyway. The bar takings before and during the Q&A’s are very poor every week so to make a commercial decision to get a load of revenue in when they normally take next to nothing makes sense to me.

Just goes back to the shoddy design of the rink in the first place that we were at capacity.
Well that makes sense, during the Q&A Todd Kerman took the time to thank one of the Blaze’s sponsors and as it happens there was a table full of chips which had obviously been laid on by IAW staff. Why the cloak & dagger secrecy though? All we get from the club is ‘We’ve let Blaze fans into the bar early, Devils fans have to wait until 4:15’. All they had to say is the Blaze haven hired out the bar for a private function. Doors are open as normal at 4:15.

On a side note about poor bar takings. You really need food service as well as drinks. You also need a lot more seats. Relying on beer sales is always gonna be a challenge though in a rink where a sizeable amount of the attendees have driven there and are accompanying children.

Milky

On a side note about poor bar takings. You really need food service as well as drinks. You also need a lot more seats. Relying on beer sales is always gonna be a challenge though in a rink where a sizeable amount of the attendees have driven there and are accompanying children.
Agreed but to be honest some of our fans take the mick.

I’ve seen whole families turn up mega early (ensuring they get a parking space), sit themselves down in loads of seats and unpack a full picnic. It’s a joke.

pjj365

Well that makes sense, during the Q&A Todd Kerman took the time to thank one of the Blaze’s sponsors and as it happens there was a table full of chips which had obviously been laid on by IAW staff. Why the cloak & dagger secrecy though? All we get from the club is ‘We’ve let Blaze fans into the bar early, Devils fans have to wait until 4:15’. All they had to say is the Blaze haven hired out the bar for a private function. Doors are open as normal at 4:15.

All it takes is being open and presentation as said by the bard

99% of us recognise this is a business (I always exaggerate by the way) which needs money to fund the improvements we want. If this involves restricting bar access for a private function so be it - no complaints here

But say so and scrub the Q&A

Wagstaff

Ok I wasn’t there, but boo (or Drew) if you want, I don’t care!, I’d be there for a game of hockey! I think people get too hung up on that sort of thing, at least your man gave our fans the time to sing our anthem, it’s hardly a war cry and with the number of imports on the ice I doubt it spurs the team’s on to play better!

Hedd Wyn John

Agreed but to be honest some of our fans take the mick.

I’ve seen whole families turn up mega early (ensuring they get a parking space), sit themselves down in loads of seats and unpack a full picnic. It’s a joke.
I turn up early (parking) but I always make sure I buy atleast one drink if not two. If food were available I’d certainly be buying.

I’ve not seen families unpack picnics but it’s clear a lot will set there for 90 mins & not buy anything from the bar. Restricting bar access to those buying may be something to look at.