Devils v Blaze - Sun 1 Apr 2018 - Play Off 1/4 F - 2nd leg - Fo 6pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

LETS GET THE JOB DONE - U DEVILS

With the game certain to be a sell out your only choice is follow the game with MNL unique coverage or purchase the webcast as IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will be be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game. As always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Hmm, dunno I've been getting bad gateway/database errors for last few minutes.

I'll try shift refresh n see if that sorts it.

Seems ok now, must have been a glitch in the matrix

Last edited:

Devils86

Bowns having a mare. Blaze very physical to make up for a mediocre technical game, but they always look more likely to score on the break - Devils just not turned up.

Not helped by some suspect officials missing stuff left right and centre

Slartibartfast

What an amazing game. Thats what playoff hockey is all about. Blaze should be very proud of that performance. It got a bit scary for a while but as always Devils found a way to win.

august04

A terrific game of hockey, real end to end physical stuff played at incredible intensity. Blaze deserve enormous credit as do the Devils, who came back superbly in the third when the tie was in the balance. The only regret is that we haven’t got another few games to play against Blaze in a meaningful best of 5 (or 7!) series. It’s about time the league took a look at itself and changed the play off format. If we`re seeing games of that quality, make the top 8 play best of 5 rounds until we get a winner. All we hear is that it will never happen because of the arena teams lack of ice availability but it needs to be re-examined. I want to see more games like that. Brilliant.

ASHIPP

The Blaze gave us a fantaatic game - battled for everything and showed the way for two periods. Devils had chances (7 pp including a 4 min man advantage) but just couldn't convert and Nastiuk stood tall.

Things looked wobbly at p2 end but those 2 goals in 40 secs in p3 galvanised this team and ramped up the Big Red Machine. Started asserting itself and playing with confidence and control. Congratulations to Josh for his 100th point too.

Credit to Blaze who pushed the Devils and gave our team the hard game it needed - certainly need to be sharp for the semis. Credit to the Blue Army too who supported their team win or lose and contributed to the atmosphere.

Goalies and forwards usually get the MOM awards because their work is normally noticed. For me tonight Andrew Hotham deserved that accolade - insane ammount of icetime and 'on it' all game. Gleason Fournier not far behind - great performance.

Last edited:

Pope#42

What a game. Definitely did not look like a first vs eighth game. I must say that after the second period I had doubts that we would get the win but once again this team proved me wrong. What a third period and what an awesome team effort.

Everyone on the team had a great game but for me both Benti and Myers really stood out. Both had so much energy and never gave up. Poor Benti losing his tooth too - what a warrior.

Pope continuing that streak too!

Not wanting to take away from a great win - I do think that specials teams didn't have much luck tonight so I think there is a little to work on this week ready for next weekend.

Nottingham here we come!