Matthew Myers

Rich Best

Thread starter #1
Has any player in eihl history won more silverware than Matthew Myers?

I know he won a few challenge cups with Nottingham and I believe the league and playoffs with Nottingham.

In fact does anyone else come close??

E.D.S.

Has any player in eihl history won more silverware than Matthew Myers?

I know he won a few challenge cups with Nottingham and I believe the league and playoffs with Nottingham.

In fact does anyone else come close??
Not sure off the top of my head. Just thinking of players who have been around a while... Ashley Tait or J Phillips perhaps?

Good question though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Sullivan

It's not even close with Jonna, I don't think. Matthew is on around 15 Championships (including Challenge Cups which, incidentally, if he wins one more he will have the same number as his jersey. Which is astonishing). I make Jonna to be on 9. David Clarke is on 13 in total, including his 8 (!) Challenge Cups.
In terms of the League, Jonna beats all with 4 to Matthew's 3. I haven't looked at Tait or even Shields (or Longstaff / Hand) but in the EIHL era, Matthew is no doubt talismanic.

Rich Best

Thread starter #4
Thanks Paul.

Let's hope Matthew can help us win a few more league titles and smash Jonna's league title record!

He is looking better every year in my opinion, the way he drives teams back into their own zone on the PK is great to watch! No sign of him showing down!

wildthing74

One of our most underrated and dare I say it most under appreciated players in terms of fan plaudits at games. The guy takes a battering night after night and is such a team first player.If Matthew hadn't gone back to Nottingham I am convinced we would have just won our third consecutive league title.So key in the draw and his special teams play is incredible.

Would be alongside Richie and Ben the first guys I would have signed if I was the coach.He may be getting on in years but nobody comes close to the role he plays for us and I wouldn't trade him for any other Brit forward.

Devil_Abroad

One of our most underrated and dare I say it most under appreciated players in terms of fan plaudits at games. The guy takes a battering night after night and is such a team first player.If Matthew hadn't gone back to Nottingham I am convinced we would have just won our third consecutive league title.So key in the draw and his special teams play is incredible.

Would be alongside Richie and Ben the first guys I would have signed if I was the coach.He may be getting on in years but nobody comes close to the role he plays for us and I wouldn't trade him for any other Brit forward.
In the next few years do you think Batch may be the player to take over his role - I’ve loved seeing him up there the last couple of games. Not sure about his face off ability though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the next few years do you think Batch may be the player to take over his role - I’ve loved seeing him up there the last couple of games. Not sure about his face off ability though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would love to see his face-off stats, that would show his value alone.