Play-off QF match ups

Gazza272

Pretty sure there was an article stating this is how it would be, so in theory we should be hoping for a Flyers win so if we do get past Blaze we get them rather than Giants or Panthers. However, as we well know its the playoffs and anything can happen - just remember Coventry dismantling us in the play-off semi-final a couple of years ago!

I think Flyers and Flames will be well up for their games as they have been resting players for the last few weeks.
Fife will be without their starting netminder though, tough tough ask to expect Marr to pull them through a 2 leg affair.

ASHIPP

Fife will be without their starting netminder though, tough tough ask to expect Marr to pull them through a 2 leg affair.
Marr is a very good young net minder - but the word on their fan forum is that Andy Isles and one other import will be ready and fit for next week.

Gazza272

Marr is a very good young net minder - but the word on their fan forum is that Andy Isles and one other import will be ready and fit for next week.

Interesting, I was under the impression last night that Isles was done for the year.

Could change things if he is not.

ASHIPP

Interesting, I was under the impression last night that Isles was done for the year.

Could change things if he is not.
That's what was being discussed on there but those two returning players were stretching and warming up prior to their last game - perhaps they haven't been quite ready to play.

James

Administrator
Perhaps they were waiting to confirm they wouldn't get steelers first so Armstrong couldn't run him on his first game back.

Sliput

Unfortunately, I am not confident playing Coventry. Confience is high amongst the Blaze and I believe this may be ( but hopefully not) a banana skin for us.

Wannabe2

C0nfidence may be high in Coventry, but it ain’t exactly low here, myself I see us winning both legs. We are back on track now and I can’t see the blaze keeping up with us, when our boys play, they really play. So 3-1 Friday, 4-0 Sunday. With no banana skins.

kettdevil1

Giants v Panthers should be a cracker. Logic suggests that the Giants should have enough to win but the Panthers are one of those annoying teams who can be brilliant on their day... I will go Giants....just. Elsewhere I can’t see beyond the Storm and sadly, I think Sheffield will end the Flames’ dreams.

kettdevil1

C0nfidence may be high in Coventry, but it ain’t exactly low here, myself I see us winning both legs. We are back on track now and I can’t see the blaze keeping up with us, when our boys play, they really play. So 3-1 Friday, 4-0 Sunday. With no banana skins.
Hope so. I can see two possibilities. We blow them away in the first leg and coast through or..... Cov get the bounces in the Skydome and edge a one goal game giving us a bit to do on Sunday. Either way, the fact that the Blaze have produced t-shirts celebrating reaching the playoffs gives me confidence that they have reached their goal for the season....