Devils v Giants - Sat 24 Mar 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

ASHIPP

Not sure we got a SHG tonight, I’ll admit I did lose track though. Most of the goals seemed to be high on the blocker side where he’s clearly weak. Giants were without Rutherford and vandermeer, were they missing any more?
Cole Jarrett?

Wasn't Crowder's goal a SHG?

Slartibartfast

Not sure if others agree but I think matt pope has come into his own the last month ..and a great goal last night that's' one player i would keep. ..and mark louis had a solid game as well last night ..
I agree. Pope is our second highest goalscorer and our fourth highest point scorer but I still feel the best is still to come if he stays another season. He has shown glimpses of absolute brilliance through the season but seems to have stepped up to another level the last month. This is his first season in the Elite league which is very different to the Asia league but he has adjusted well. I really hope he stays as I would love to see what he will be like in a second season. I can see him being in top five point scorers in the league next year.

Finny

Largely a one sided game against a depleted Giants team. Auction was a laugh with Strachan's shirt going for £900. Lord icing tomorrow. :)
Vandermeer was suspended for being dumb at the end of the MK game. Other than that they iced their full quota of imports.

I agree. Pope is our second highest goalscorer and our fourth highest point scorer but I still feel the best is still to come if he stays another season. He has shown glimpses of absolute brilliance through the season but seems to have stepped up to another level the last month. This is his first season in the Elite league which is very different to the Asia league but he has adjusted well. I really hope he stays as I would love to see what he will be like in a second season. I can see him being in top five point scorers in the league next year.
Totally agree with you. Really hope he is signed up soon for next season.
He is studying at Cardiff Met - wonder when that course finishes? May be staying over the Summer anyway with school.

Pondlife

Vandermeer was suspended for being dumb at the end of the MK game. Other than that they iced their full quota of imports.
Rutherford, Kurtz & Whistle were missing (as far as I could see) although I don't know the reason. I'm not arguing that they didn't have a full quota of imports, just maybe not their strongest.

This is not to detract from a very strong Devils performance.

Pope#42

I really enjoyed the game last night and thought we were treated to some really beautiful plays and goals. I think Lord will have a tough decision to make as to who to rest for the play off games.

Pope is on fire lately and as others have said he would be one of my first re-signings - I was glad to see him play again last night after that hit on the boards. He seems to have scored a goal a game lately - does anyone know what his streak is?

Finny

I really enjoyed the game last night and thought we were treated to some really beautiful plays and goals. I think Lord will have a tough decision to make as to who to rest for the play off games.

Pope is on fire lately and as others have said he would be one of my first re-signings - I was glad to see him play again last night after that hit on the boards. He seems to have scored a goal a game lately - does anyone know what his streak is?
5 game goal-scoring streak.

Hedd Wyn John

Webcast was fine for me, no issues whatsoever. Great result from the Devils, bit of a slow & shakey start. Incredible performance from Bownsy with so many key saves.