Booing the team

Jones72

Thread starter #1
So I was at the game tonight, and while it wasn’t the greatest performance, I was shocked to hear the crowd booing the team.

It happened when that Austrian music came on (the one with the up-beat accordion melody).

The music sort of goes “Doodle-Doodle-Do-Do-Do” and then a large portion of the crowd chanted “boooo” in unison. And then the whole cycle repeated a few times (OK, there was some variation in the melody, but the outcome was the same).

I was frankly upset by the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revilo

Wasn’t at the game, but the crowd normally give an “oooo” or “whoo” after every “doodle doodle do do do”!

Last edited:

Kevlar68

I think with that song as someone has already stated it was "wooooooo" but the woo's last night were a bit lack luster so maybe sound like booing.

well as my wife and her friend who were their last night who had paid to see our team play their best , were rewarded with team members being dropped ,a totally lack luster performance,and a fail again,so we won the table ,well we should be proving that we are the best,not relaxing,and having a vacation.well i am so glad i do not attend anymore.ps ,a big thank you to oj and the match night team,at least i can turn it off,when it goes bad.sorry folks i was always taught to fight hard at all times,doing your utmost to win.

kettdevil1

well as my wife and her friend who were their last night who had paid to see our team play their best , were rewarded with team members being dropped ,a totally lack luster performance,and a fail again,so we won the table ,well we should be proving that we are the best,not relaxing,and having a vacation.well i am so glad i do not attend anymore.ps ,a big thank you to oj and the match night team,at least i can turn it off,when it goes bad.sorry folks i was always taught to fight hard at all times,doing your utmost to win.
We did win, we are league champions.... and we can now rest and recuperate before trying for trophy 3 (of 4)

Maybe Dennis Maxwell was right in his views on us as fans....

There was definitely a lot of piss takes of dreeeewwwwww Wednesday night following on from the vocal forum 'displeasure'...which at least added a little comedy value.

Although remember many thinking the same thing with Stu although not many thought they were boos as he was a awesome player for us under difficult circumstances

Ocko

We should use this as a springboard for the axing of that woooo song. I hate it. It's how I imagined Butlins to be in the 70s. And take that song everyone sings 'top of the league having a laugh' song with it. Cringe.

kettdevil1

Must have missed this, what did he say?
Haven’t got the exact quote to hand but it was something that alluded to that we were a very difficult group of supporters to play for as we turned on the team when things went wrong.....

I am not a fan of treating fan groups as homeogenoeus entities but, there is some evidence here that there is a proportion of supporters who do that.

Kevlar68

I can honestly say either I'm deaf or in the two winters I've been going to home games at IAW I've never heard the team booo'd off the ice. A decision boo'd yes but not our players.