Devils v Storm - Wed 21 Mar 2018 - League - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

LEAGUE TITLE might be in the bag but we need to keep going

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' and unique Match Night Live service for this game so expect some nervous reporting, nail biting and more bad jokes, all this at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night let OJ know, who can be contacted at matchnightlive@gmail.com

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

ASHIPP

Celebrations over and hopefully back to serious business tonight.

Expecting nothing less than a much more focussed performance than Sunday's game. Best preparation for the playoffs is to compete hard in the last 3 games of the season.

Performance is one thing....whether the Storm can be beaten is something else.
Storm results in the last 12 games: 10 wins/2 losses. :eek:

They are finding ways to win including two wins in O/T in the last fortnight.

4 of their forwards are in top 6 league scorers.....so they know how to put up points. Let's hope the Devils are not caught cold. Enough said.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

I hope they go hard to get wins to go in to play offs with 100% wining mentality.
Then are they thinking save it for play offs and stay fitter without injury as all the other teams are fighting for ranking place for the draw.
Go hard i say and get 3 wins on a bounce so focus is intensified.

RedDevil17

Darnell and Hicks tonight.
What clown thought it would be a good idea to put these two back together after their awful performance the week before or whenever it was. They both had a mare! Surely the head of refs would’ve known that!

Last edited:

Devil94

I thought Darnell and Hicks were fine on Sunday. They did call a lot of penalties on us, but most of them were 100% penalties. One or two were 50/50s which you can't complain either way with. The call on Faryna (think it was Hicks) when he was on a breakaway was an excellent call, Faryna clearly grabbed the stick of the defender and was a great spot by him.

Do not expect much from either team, nothing to play for, Storm and Devils will not risk getting players injured, more than likely will see top end players rested unitll weekend.

Ocko

Agree with the points on Hicks and Darnell. Couldn't argue with a call myself. Be honest, those who moan about those two all the time, who would you actually be happy with?

Those two are the best refs available.

Wannabe2

Do not expect much from either team, nothing to play for, Storm and Devils will not risk getting players injured, more than likely will see top end players rested unitll weekend.
Don’t believe this, Storm will want to finish 2nd to get 7th place opponents against them,also 2nd is a unbelievable place to finish. Devils need to get back into the groove of winning, especially after losing Sunday. Think both teams will be after maximum points.

Devil_Abroad

Don’t believe this, Storm will want to finish 2nd to get 7th place opponents against them,also 2nd is a unbelievable place to finish. Devils need to get back into the groove of winning, especially after losing Sunday. Think both teams will be after maximum points.
Storm have already secured 2nd spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonesy83

Another ‘exhibition’ type game tonight by the looks of it.....very little effort produced in the 1st period (apart from Murdy) even tho the score is 2-2.

No Martin, Bowns, Strachan or Reddick tonight from the Devils.

After the Steelers game last Sunday and this game tonight I’ll be giving the 2 games this weekend a miss and save myself some money and two 60 miles round trips.

Bring on Play Off Hockey!!

Jonesy83

2nd period a lot better from a spectator view point some good chances (for both teams). Nice to see Louis drop the gloves even if it was a bit of a nothing fight in the end.

Rutkis getting some good ice time and playing some very nice hockey. Unlucky not to be on the score sheet.

Hedd Wyn John

Good result for Storm tonight , Devils seemed a bit out of sorts at times. With the League in the bag I can understand them cruising a bit. Can’t understand Lordo being so eager to pull Murdy when our puck retention was so patchy but there you go.

jimmy snels

league might be won but surely we cant make minimal effort for next two games as well? let me know in advance if thats the case as i wont bother rushing from 12 hours in work, 40 minute drive for that again.

osh

Very poor lacklustre performance from most of our guys tonight. We looked way off the pace - apart from Fournier and Rutkis who I was pleased to see get a good amount of ice time. I’m assuming our 4 missing players were carrying injuries and rested but they were sorely missed. We can’t afford to put in performances like this on Saturday and Sunday, it won’t do confidence any good whatsoever and it is very difficult for fans to try and get behind the team on nights such as tonight. A total waste of a night for me that’s for sure.