Fan Council Updates

James

Administrator
Thread starter #141
Sounds good, the organisation definitely to listen to fans and try to fix what they can. Can we have some more details or minutes on what was discussed?
Yep, minutes have already been circulated and hopefully should be online as soon as both Devils and the Fan Council have signed off on them.

Wannabe2

This club without a shadow of a doubt has to be the best run in the league, it forever strides to please people, making fans know that they all matter. Our club is now the envy of all the others, and how good does that feel, no wonder the sold out signs are a regular occurrence, it’s the best ticket in Cardiff for a night out. Thank you Cardiff Devils, you are without a doubt a shining light.
Happy Hockey Days

I have no idea if this is a fan council thing or not but something that's really started to bug me are the lights over the changing room doors Those are pretty decent lights and are completely wasted where they are, their field of vision is literally the width of the tunnel.

If they were placed between the scoreboard and banners they could have much more of an effect on the match night experience, again a completely minor thing, maybe not something for Todd but Paul Sullivan and the match night team

Kevlar68

All looks really good for the future and two of my suggestions for pop up bars and TV stream in bar are in there but I would imagine they've been put forward many times.

But I still think only first 5 mins of each period get shown in bar to encourage people to go back to seats not stay in bar.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Wonder if we could have a few more screens in the bar, that would be neat.
My best friends bar in Greece has screens in the toilets, never miss anything but good point also the positioning of TV's in bars are better in the corners than flat on walls, creates better viewing.

ASHIPP

Whilst a TV stream in the bar and the introduction of different beers will please many fans, it is a relief to see the commitment to rubbish bins, toilet hygene and supplies. Laugh if you want to but these are the basics. Earlier in the season (before Devils took over the running of IAW) these essential details were overlooked badly.

Kevlar68

I've just been going through some old pics and found ones of the old Gretzkys bar. On the walls in there we had canvas action stills of the players. The bar in the IAW looks a bit sterile at the moment maybe we could have canvas prints of retired shirt players and legends of the club on the walls, be nice to have a bit of history of the club up to present day of the clubs achievments for all to see when visiting the IAW. Some of the younger supporters, new followers and visitors may enjoy seeing them

Last edited:

Ocko

Agree. Shame so many things were skimped on as it has the base to be a great facility.

Seats would be a huge outlay though I would imagine. But after just a few years they are certainly already worn out. The seats in the hospitality area should be the ones used throughout the rink and then nicer ones for there.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #159
As Ocko says, its a massive cost to replace the seats, which, if a bit crap are at least functional. Todd has already indicated its off the table due to cost at the moment. I wonder what the cost would be for season tickets to sponsor an upgrade to their seat if they really wanted :D I've no idea if a sturdier model could be found, in the same colour to fit the same frame though.