Media coverage.

ASHIPP

We know how local tv prioritises the rugby here....but some BBC Wales sports presenter on a nice little jolly in China reporting several days before Wales football team go out there? 3 minutes of Gareth Bale arriving in Nanning and getting into a taxi? What a waste of airtime.

Nice coverage in South Wales Echo yesterday.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Has any other Cardiff, South Wales or Welsh team won more silverware than the Devils? I don't think they have but we always get the "And finally......." segment, like a after thought, if even that.
Thank god for South Wales Echo.

pjj365

When we had this debate last year IIRC I mentioned that hockey is seen as Cardiff centric and does not fit BBC's Wales wide remit

Thus however successful we become we will never feature as a main topic. Can this be changed - possibly. Can Devils do it on their own - doubtful

Good sport/Wales wide PR would help - Welsh born player in NHL, Deeside, Welsh players across EIHL, Universities etc - but there is no mechanism for that

Welcome to the real world, media coverage is pathetic. Apart from the golden days of 'Face Off' our exposure has been terrible. However it won't change the sports media in Wales don't care and don' have a budget for any other sport than the almighty God rugby. This has now proved their undoing as Premier TV have bought up the only live rugby outbidding the BBC accept for internationals, leaving S4C to try to show something. All I can say is we are so lucky to have Icetime long may they reign.
As far as the South Wales Echo I sadly give it a few years and that will pass into history with the horse and cart.

Hedd Wyn John

There was a goodarticle in the Western Mail the other day & BBC Wales Online provides some solid coverage. Nation Radio gives the odd mention too.