Great night but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #1
I stayed until the very last presentation of the cup to our god like coach, Lord.
But...........
Those fans who left straight after the final buzzer are a disgrace.
I will be unpopular for saying that but it had to be said.
Our guys have given everything all season long to give us the title.
Without fans there would be no teams so they did it for us as much as for themselves.

To not stay for an extra 30 mins to show appreciation and gratitude to every single one of our guys is appalling after all they've done to entertain us every single game.

30 mins isn't to much to give.

pjj365

We stayed for photos to give a cheer to wives, girlfriends and children

It as much their trophy as the team, management and fans

august04

I stayed until the very last presentation of the cup to our god like coach, Lord.
But...........
Take a look around you at every game - there are new `supporters` all the time, who may have little/no emotional attachment to the club. They might have gone home after witnessing a dreadful game involving a clearly hungover Devils team. Then there may be others who just had to leave for whatever reason, and couldn’t stay. Not sure who you think are to call them a disgrace. You stayed, good for you but just enjoy it instead of needlessly slagging off other people who perhaps couldn’t.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #4
Its a forum and I've given a opinion and I saw many leaving with devils tops on so not new supporters at all.

Wannabe2

But...........
Without fans there would be no teams so they did it for us as much as for themselves.

To not stay for an extra 30 mins to show appreciation and gratitude to every single one of our guys is appalling after all they've done to entertain us every single game.

You are really out of order mate, calling people a disgrace, some people leave because they have children who have school the next day, some people as has already been said are newbies and all they know is that we lost, people have reasons to leave, just as you have a reason to stay. Not a clever post one bit.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #6
I saw what I saw, quite a few had devils shirts on, I saw no children leaving. We had a child with us who has school tomorrow. When I saw them leaving I thought it was terrible. Again my opinion is mine and yours is yours which I accept.

jimmy snels

As a shift worker i often leave when the buzzer goes simply because i need to get to bed! if you got up at 5 for work and lived and hour away perhaps you wouldnt be as keen to stay? whined your neck in. no need for that at all.
tonight i made a point of staying but i dont have work in the morning or a baby sitter to get too. everyone is different.

ASHIPP

Many reasons people had to leave tonight.....pick your personal favorite from a long list - school tomorrow, shift work starts at 10pm, long journey back to Swansea or how about going home to relieve a carer who has covered me so I can go to the game in the first place.

Just because the other commitments
going on in your life mean you have cut things short does not mean you are less of a fan. Crazy thinking....many of those people leaving were also longterm supporters. To suggest they were being disrespectful is actually being disrespectful to them.

Gazr76

Jeepers Creepers!! Holly cow!!. Cardiff Devils have just won the league, had a close game tonight against the Steelers and there are people moaning about fans leaving at the end of a game and kicking off about fans booing (miss interpreting Dreeeewwwwwww instead of Booooooooo). Heeeellllloooo Cardiff just won the league. Quit moaning and enjoy it. It could be a lot, lot worse than these small insignificant things. Be happy. Jeez.

Last edited:
You are welcome to your opinion but to call people a disgrace when you have no idea about their personal choices/reasons .....forgive me but take a look in that mirror and stop writing utter tosh on a public forum.
One could say paying hard earned money, turning up at every game is showing respect.
Seeing how many people were their until after the whole team had a chance to celebrate suggests that not many left and if they did they are well within their right and is NOT a disgrace to anyone.
And personally shame on you for making this a thread, when their is absolutely no need.

Chris

Administrator
We've just reached the CC final and unfortunately lost, but then gone on to win the hardest conference there is, alongside winning the league *again* after waiting 20 years or whatever it was...

And the two posts that are being discussed tonight? One calling people out because a phrase was misheard, and this one calling people who left when it was good for them "a disgrace".

Good stuff :(

kingmo19.1

Oh jeez, been away for the weekend and just skim read the forum tonight ..... so we lost, Drew got Boo'd, some people left after the game finished and Lordo now fits kitchens (although he does finish them quickly)!

What will the world come to next eh !

Oh jeez, been away for the weekend and just skim read the forum tonight ..... so we lost, Drew got Boo'd, some people left after the game finished and Lordo now fits kitchens (although he does finish them quickly)!

What will the world come to next eh !
My new laminate worktop looks immense, all silvery and shiny :)

Honestly even if we had won everything this season (even the chl) there still would have been one person on here saying something bad about something.

BostonBart22

But...........

I didn' leave on the buzzer..I had to start work at 10 like a few others do and I did see all the celebrations and stayed in the bar till 9.30.....oh and I been watching the devils since 1986 . Sorry if I'm a disgrace by leaving at 9.30 .

Kevlar68

Thread starter #16
After a good nights sleep and on reflection of my post I will apologies for saying fans were a disgrace, that was harsh, i was wrong and a terrible choice of words.
After the low of losing to steelers, then the high of the presentation and a few pints my emotions got the better of me when I got home.
I still stand by my opinion that I thought it was terrible seeing fans leave straight after buzzer, it was just 10 extra minutes till cup was presented, that's not to much to ask. I've been there when its gone in to OT and no ones left.
I wouldn't expect everyone to stay till the death, i went as soon as Lord was presented with cup and that was only 8.45 but to see so many leave before the cup was presented to mark I thought it was terrible and I stand by that but once again sorry for my disgrace comment.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Retracting calling people disgraceful yet still saying you think people leaving is terrible. That's half an apology...with no idea of people's individual circumstances.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #18
Its my opinion, the same as people on here have their opinion of me but don't know me.
My instant reaction on seeing easily about 50 leave through the doors between block 2 & 3 before cup was presented was "that's terrible" but I'm apologising for calling the fans disgraceful.

Last edited:

Temme

But...........

On behalf of all fellow supporters in the same boat as me:

I apologize for having a job i need to be at on a Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.